• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Probably the last thread for this hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I finally have all the abilities for the Assassin working properly. I just have one final issue here, and that is how some abilities will interact. Here are the two abilities I am trying to figure out:

2znrha8.jpg

So the Lotus Extract is pretty simple, just heals off of a damage detect.

The Flurry is a little more complicated. First off, making the damage source deal the bonus damage crashes the game, as expected. So I changed it to set the HP of the damaged unit to the HP minus 0.25 times the damage. It works, but the problem is, setting the HP won't count it as damage for the Lotus Extract heal, but making it do damage is going to crash the game. So what should I do?

Level 9
On the Flurry spell I think there is a spell called Enrage or something like that that gives u more damage and attack speed. And for the other spell you either can give the assasin a vampiric aura (or something like that) or you can make an trigger something like this. that activates when the assasin casts the spell and then 6 seconds after that it deactivates,

A unit takes damage
Attacking Unit Equals to Assasin
Give life to Assasin equal to Damage Taken / 3

the problem then whould be that you need to have higher than 6 seconds cooldown on the spell. But anyways, havent been doing triggers for a long while now so dont remember realy :p. Hope I helped

Level 12
Well it crashes tha game because it causes infinite loop (the damage you trigger launches the same trigger again). You have multiple options:
1) The system you are using has a method of dealing undetectable damage
2) Disable the damage detection trigger just before you do the triggered damage and enable it just after you deal it.
3) Create your own subsytem, add a boolean variable "DoNotDetect". Basically what it would do is that if you set it to true, you disable damage detection (Just put an IF-THEN-ELSE condition at the beginning of every trigger you use to detect damage:)
  • If-Then-Else
    • Conditions
      • DoNotDetect equals to true
    • Actions
      • Set DoNotDetect = false
      • Skip Remaining Actions
Then just set DoNotDetect to true just before you do the triggered extra damage

EDIT: However, If you wanted Lotus Extract to heal of bonus damage, you would have to create a specific variable for the Flurry ability, that would disable only Flurry's damage detection, so that Lotus extract's damaeg detection still works.

Level 8
I just make Flurry deal damage through HP removal, if the removal would kill the unit I set it to 1 HP so the damage source still gets kill credit.

And added a condition to that, if the target of the damage is also the target of the Lotus buff on the damage source, it heals the damage source for 33% of 25% of the damage.

This class now that its working properly is pretty fun to mess with in test mode.

Level 8
I use triggered HP removal for it because it is intended to be 25% of ALL damage caused by the unit through attacks and abilities, so I just trigger if the damage source has flurry, remove 0.25xDamage HP. If the damaged unit has less than 1.25xDamage HP, then set HP to 1 so the next instance of damage (the assassin since there is no timer) gives kill credit

Status
Not open for further replies.