• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Private server Q (please reply)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok i found a place where i can make my own private server to play 1player on, but i need help http://www.wowstatus.net/login.php Thats the site, make an acount or if u already have 1.
I need help on where is says server and stuff, what do i put in ther?

Oh yeah to get there click "add server" :lol:

Im sooooo angry cause i cant figure it out!! :twisted:

Level 25
Private servers are illegal and very much bad

Regardless, make a furbolg npc and give it the pandaren skin, then stick it somewhere in Stonetalon Mountains. Take a screenshot of it and post it on the WoW forums, claiming its evidence of a pandaren npc ingame. Watch the resulting conflict

Level 12
freshnezzx said:
I didnt know private servers where ILLEGAL!
SNAP!! :shock:
can u help anywhay?

Nope, and I'm certain this site will never be in any illegal activity. So don't even try getting us around this stuff.

Level 22
Illegal, but almost necessary if you ask me. The Blizz servers are C R O W D E D. That, and the immaturity level, to put it as the understatement of the year, is bad.

I mean, people will buy this game just so they could play with their friends online, then find out they cant even create a character on the server they're friends are on because character creation has been blocked, there is 900 people on the waiting list to get on, or Blizz decides to move players to other servers at a whim, effectivly seperating groups of friends.
-VGsatomi

Level 11
Private servers are for little kids who want to go gank racial leaders at level one using "GM" help.

If you want to play on a specific server wait until Blizz fixes the population issues, or reroll with them on another server.

Level 25
Hey, I have my own reasons for wanting a private server

If you manage to contact someone who has an up to date one which can have transports and such, along with custom NPCs, then you could always record a WoW movie of 1337ness with better things than the game provides

And as soon as the weather is out... Yeah. I can't think of much cooler then having a raining Stormwind with a rogue sulking in the shadows waiting for a contact while a few guards walk past, having only their torches for illumination. Or better yet, someone making a movie of Warcraft 1, 2 and 3. I mean, who wouldn't want to see an orcish army attack Stormwind?

Level 25
Doesn't happan on my end. Only thing which used to happan were glorius Crossroads raids... Ah, how I miss those days...

Thank you very MUCH DK system

Anywho, what I reckon should be done is Blizzard allow private servers but you need an active WoW account to play on them. That way they get money, people can avoid the queues, and people can make their own custom pwnage WoW worlds

Level 11
If you want to see orcs invade Stormwind organize an event on your server. The only thing a private server could possibly do would negate DKs and prevent excessive guard zergs.

Level 25
A private server would allow me admin control

That way, I could summon an army of orcs. Raiders, grunts, spearthrowers, necrolytes, warlocks, catapults. A glorius battle would ensure

Then I could also randomly take control of the people inside Stormwind, scripted events, the assassination of King Llane by Garona, and then set the entire place on fire for the eventual conquest

You cannot do that on a public server. The sheer ammount of people would kill the server

Yeah, no worthwhile rewards. But having an entire movie about the First War? I reckon its a fair tradeoff. Only a few remakes of terrain would be needed, such as making Duskwood part of Elwynn Forest, making Moonbrook new and fresh and other such things

Yep. Awesomeness

Level 6
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:10 am Post subject:

Doesn't happan on my end. Only thing which used to happan were glorius Crossroads raids... Ah, how I miss those days...

Thank you very MUCH DK system

Anywho, what I reckon should be done is Blizzard allow private servers but you need an active WoW account to play on them. That way they get money, people can avoid the queues, and people can make their own custom pwnage WoW worlds

lol, mecheon

why would Blizzard allowe to let people make their own private servers?? believe me, people will get very borred after a couple of days by owning the whole world and checking all the nice shit

btw, private servers are runned on people's PC's, witch means they can only have like 40 to max. 200 people on a server, witch is extremely low if you compare it to an official server...

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

Level 25
Anyone ever heard of a game called Neverwinter Nights?

That game had an interesting user-made feature. It had some of its "modules" (The equivilent of a Warcraft 3 map or campaign) kept on servers kept up pretty much 24/7 and ran them like a free MMORPG

That's where my idea of a modable WoW with player-run "modules" comes from

Status
Not open for further replies.