• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Private Constants / Spell IDs / Importing Custom Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
tl;dr - how do i modify Spell ID and Private Gameplay Constant with GUI, to import custom spells?

Sorry this this is answered elsewhere but I can't find it and have been trying for several hours now.

Trying to make my version of the Kings and Knights game mode. I'm fairly happy with the map but the heroes are just boring so I started importing complex trigger spells off this website. Some seem to work but others require configuration, which I can't figure out how to do. I know ctrl+d let's me view the Spell IDs but is it possible to edit these without downloading a 3rd party Jass program? For the Private Constants, I have no idea what those are or how to view/set/edit them. Even a link to an on-point tutorial would be helpful. I just can't find any simple explanation. I'm comfortable with most of the basic features on Editor but most of these custom spells are way beyond my understanding.

Thank you for readings,

Level 18
Thank you for the reply great Mage Daffa :p

All of your spells packs have those configuration triggers but others seem to not. I guess I could possibly use another configuration trigger to edit the spell ID? Maybe I'm just confused. All of this is a bit beyond my understanding.

Edit: I've successfully imported your Purification Bomb spell and the Barbarian Spell Pack by Marcelo Hossomi but others seem to just not work.

Last edited:
Please provide links for the problematic ones. That would tremendously help everyone who wishes to help out.

I'm happy my works are of use ^^

EDIT:

Perhaps this can help?

Last edited:
Level 18
Take this with a grain of salt because I may just be a noob at importing spells but here are the problematic ones:
1) Swashbuckler Spellpack
2) Refraction Charge v1.3 (this one kind of works but never stops casting)
3) TorrentSystem v2.1.0

Like I said it may be me not importing them right. I think I did but I can't find, I guess, the configuration triggers? There's no other way to manually change the spell ID aside from a trigger?

For the Swashbuckler:
1. Configurations are located at the top of the script for each spell (below the description, there's a Configurations line marking the start of it)
2. This applies to all four spells
3. UnitDex used by this pack potentially collides with Purification Bombs' Unit Indexer (you should notice this when importing my spell), so remove the one from Purification Bomb and use the one from this package instead (two different Unit Indexer usually spells trouble). Be sure to plug and configure UnitDex properly (there's a configuration for this one, unlike the Unit Indexer used in Purification Bomb).
4. I suggest try the test map on your version of Warcraft and confirm everything is working correctly there. Only then, start importing.
5. For importing this one, I suggest do this in order:
Import Scripts Folder --> Import everything required by UnitDex and configure them (it's called UnitIndexer in the trigger display) --> Import and configure the spell folder (if you use all of them) or the ones you need (you can delete unused ones) --> Copy all object editor data you need for each spell. This is where it gets tricky, I suggest to check very carefully as I noticed there's a number of "dummy" abilities and objects used by this pack.

I also tagged @Kazeon here, since he knows much better than I do for this particular pack.

For Refraction Charge:
1. I assume it might be something with the MIN_DIST variable, try setting it to lower values? From the looks of it, nothing seems wrong but it's late here so I might need to recheck this one's logic again later. Weirdly enough, there's no spell duration here, only a timer.

Not sure if @Almia is around, but I'll just tag him since he knows better how this spell internal workings work.

For TorrentSystem:
1. Remember our Swashbuckler Script folder? This one also uses UnitDex, so if you already have Swashbuckler before this, make sure to delete UnitDex in TorrentSystem by AGD folder during importing.
2. Importing is similar to Swashbuckler, in short:
Import TorrentSystem by AGD folder --> Import everything required by these scripts: UnitDex (delete this script if you import Swashbuckler before this one), DummyRecycler (also, change OWNER = Player(15) to Player(27) if you are using 1.29+, this is to pinpoint to Neutral player specifically used by these kinds of systems), and StunSystem (this one has three objects: an ability, a buff, and a dummy unit). --> Import the demo spell folder --> Import all object data used by this demo spell and then configure the demo spell script to point to these objects.

I'm tagging @AGD here since he knows better with this system.

Since you mentioned you know how to get the Ctrl+D, you just need to put the ID you found from Ctrl+D for the respective object into their respective script ONCE you put both in your map (so you check the ID in your map, not the demo map). I know, some spell (like the Swashbuckler SP) has a lot of objects, and you need to have all of them correctly set. It's annoying, I know, but it's just how it is when it comes to custom spells :(

Status
Not open for further replies.