• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prison Break

Description Text

You and a hostile clan were imprisoned in an underground mine. However, some time later, dusky creatures came through the walls and started to rampage. While the warden sealed off the exit, you and your rival decide who is allowed to break into freedom.

Numbers & Facts

• 6 players (3on3), either left vs right or top vs bottom
  • 2 goblin shops
  • 2 goblin laboratories
  • 2 mercenary camps
  • 2 mana fountains
  • 2 taverns
  • 2 portals
  • 4 expansion mines
  • +1 fountain of life/expansion mine (randomized)
  • 12 green creep camps
  • 12 orange creep camps
  • 5 red creep camps

Misc Info

There is some special fixed creep loot like Rune of Reincarnation, Rune of Speed, Gold Coin or Tome of Experience. The portals allow one to somewhat take a short cut across the center of the map and are mostly to cut the distance between the far player bases. While two players of a team start in close proximity, the third one is a bit remote in order to asynchronize the objectives. If a gold mine was rolled to be the central neutral structure, that makes for an odd amount of resources but anyway, the creeps hold some riches that should be collected without delay. The other expansion mines are guarded by strong creeps, too, to enable different strategies/timings in progressing the game.

Keywords:
melee, underground, inmates, prison, break
Contents

Prison Break (Map)

Reviews
18:52, 14th Nov 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Awesome design. Maybe I'll review it later but everything seems appropriate - aesthetically (not so often you find a nicely decorated underground map) and balance wise (drops, resources, layout, seemed standard...

M

18:52, 14th Nov 2015
StoPCampinGn00b: Awesome design. Maybe I'll review it later but everything seems appropriate - aesthetically (not so often you find a nicely decorated underground map) and balance wise (drops, resources, layout, seemed standard though there are no guarentees that this map is very balanced since I haven't gone too in depth with it). Beware of there only being four gold minds which make things more interesting and fast paced.

Map approved, not rated.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

oh, a map by water knight :)

interesting, gonna test it.

Level 32
Awesome design. Maybe I'll review it later but everything seems appropriate - aesthetically (not so often you find a nicely decorated underground map) and balance wise (drops, resources, layout, seemed standard though there are no guarentees that this map is very balanced since I haven't gone too in depth with it). Beware of there only being four gold minds which make things more interesting and fast paced.

Map approved, not rated.

Level 24
I'll definitely check this out tomorrow, the page could use some screenshots though.