• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Prison Break

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
SPACE PRISON BREAK v0.01

Map Info
This is Escape/Maze type of map(I hope i choosed the right type).You are leading a hero,who is captured.He managed to destroy his prison door,and he is looking a way out.But he is in well guarded base,and escaping wont be easy.On his quest he will fight against many enemies,robotic warriors,droids,and many others.

Hero Info
In this map you will play as the hero called Adrian.He is unusual soldier with energy-like armor,and his energy sword he use to fight his enemies.

Hero Spells
Current spells:Energy Wave,Energy Shield,Bladestorm

Bosses
There is five bosses 1.Skulborb 2. Robotron 3.Ksenox 4.Alpha Beast and last one Alien Commander.Each boss have his special way-how to be killed.

Map is full of sci-fi models,terrain is changed,all units also,some things are still in ordinary look but that will be changed in future versions (i hope)

inhuman89,Tarrasque,Pyramidhe@d,rober artua,tee.dubs,ironmaiden,Zerox,The_Silent,Fingolfin,killst4r and many others

Map still need some improvements,and they will be added in future versions.If you find any bug let me know,i did my best to fix all i saw

Intro and ending cinematics are changed
Description added in editor
Alien Troopers have attack sound
Quest named Credits is added
Energy Wave have new model(until i find better)
1.Boss fight is changed
2.Boss fight is changed
In Prison block 1 prisoners will attack guards
New loading screen
New icons

MORE THINGS WILL BE ADDED WHEN I GET TIME AND RESOURCES

Notes:Use your potions carefully,your survival depends on it.
Keep Bladestorm for stronger enemies,and bigger groups.

23ueaf8.jpg
k1zwx0.jpg

Keywords:
Space,Prison,Escape,Sci fi,Alien
Contents

Space Prison Break (Map)

Reviews
08:55, 30th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 3
Sounds Like fun, will test and get back to you.

Edit: 08/10/2011 - 7:10am

This is good single-player map. I like your idea and the hero's skills are well suited for the task.

A few things i did not like, the first would have to be the difficulty throughout stays the same, the only time i felt pressed any differently would have to be at the end when i needed to open hte gates while the others fought.
The second would have to be that when you break another prisoner's door they don't join you. I honestly thought that in the beginning when i broke to door oposite the sappers inside would go kamikaze on the guards butts.
The third would have to be that if ur inside a mech at the end of boss fight it dies on you, idk if thats meant to be but it does happen.
The fourth would be the inconsistency of the story with the spaceship garage. I wondered if he couldn't just enter a spaceship and fly away? I suppose he could get shot down or tracked...... Did I just answer my own question? XD

This i do not necesarily do not like, more of it doesn't make sense, I had a couple blinded beasts left after the (i think it was the 2nd) Mech fight. I wondered why they could go through tele's also even if they didn't last too much longer XD.

Things I loved, Adrian and the Alien Commanders models. The blinded beasts were ok but it felt like I've seen them before <:(. I loved the mech models, i've ALWAYS been a big fan of the Warhammer 40k series models. good icons for Adrian's skills. Good terrain although it lakes a creepy-ness that supposed alien abductors would have.

Terrain 4/5
Concept 4.5/5
Gameplay 4.5/5

Total 13/15 = 4.3/5

:grin:Good Job:grin:

Last edited:
Level 6
Thx for this detailed review.
1.Prisoners arent supposed to get in fight atm i may do that in some future version
2.Its is easy atm im still looking for the way to make it a bit harder
3.Mech is supposed to die when boss die XD
4.Yes you did actualy XD
5.I will balance beast's so you dont have any XD

it took me 2 days to find model for main char,about blinded beast model i didnt had any idea what else to use,if i find better i will change
Mech's was probably best idea i got when i started making map,and terrain had to look like you described it XD
Well thx again what else i can say,oh yea add some rating it will help my map A LOT im rly trying to get it approved :/

Review:

Gameplay:

The map is quite boring, even the boss fights, the player's character 'Adrian' has no custom spells, just whirlwind/shockwave/aura of devotion. Custom spell would have made it a bit more special and more fun. There are also no game events, you just keep going forward and keep killing some random aliens. Also why do I have to learn my skills manually if I start off already being level 10? I also died when I encountered the first boss, it's pretty much impossible to kill that bug/spider, unless you actually expected me to wait 10 minutes long just to restore my hp and mp.

Terrain:

The terrain is pretty impressive, a lot of custom models have been used and it looks pretty futuristic, except for the gates, you could've used a different model, maybe a more fitting one?

Other:

*Adrian has no disabled icon
*Sudden intro
*Pan camera to Adrian after intro
*Add a preview image
*Add a map description (in editor, not on the hiveworkshop)
*You haven't imported the disabled icons of the custom icons you've imported, thus leading to green icons when you have for example the game menu open
*Adrian's passive skill has an active icon, not a passive one
*Bind the spells' hotkeys to QWER, much easier
*Improve the tooltips: Shorter, colorize them using tools
*A custom special effect for Energy Wave
*Alien Troopers don't haven an attack sound
*Add a quest entitled 'Credits', where you credit everyone from whom you have gotten the custom resources
*The guys imprisonned don't start running when you've destroyed the gates (freed them)
*Maybe add a custom UI (starcraft one from wc3c.net)
*Single Player -> file size doesn't really matter -> Maybe custom soundtrack, more custom models nad icons

Overall:

Nothing original, very lacking map, boring, no custom spells, gameplay isn't special, except for the terrain.

Rating: 1/5

If you have any questions regarding the things mentioned in my review, let me know.

Level 6
Review:

Gameplay:

The map is quite boring, even the boss fights, the player's character 'Adrian' has no custom spells, just whirlwind/shockwave/aura of devotion. Custom spell would have made it a bit more special and more fun. There are also no game events, you just keep going forward and keep killing some random aliens. Also why do I have to learn my skills manually if I start off already being level 10? I also died when I encountered the first boss, it's pretty much impossible to kill that bug/spider, unless you actually expected me to wait 10 minutes long just to restore my hp and mp.

Terrain:

The terrain is pretty impressive, a lot of custom models have been used and it looks pretty futuristic, except for the gates, you could've used a different model, maybe a more fitting one?

Other:

*Adrian has no disabled icon
*Sudden intro
*Pan camera to Adrian after intro
*Add a preview image
*Add a map description (in editor, not on the hiveworkshop)
*You haven't imported the disabled icons of the custom icons you've imported, thus leading to green icons when you have for example the game menu open
*Adrian's passive skill has an active icon, not a passive one
*Bind the spells' hotkeys to QWER, much easier
*Improve the tooltips: Shorter, colorize them using tools
*A custom special effect for Energy Wave
*Alien Troopers don't haven an attack sound
*Add a quest entitled 'Credits', where you credit everyone from whom you have gotten the custom resources
*The guys imprisonned don't start running when you've destroyed the gates (freed them)
*Maybe add a custom UI (starcraft one from wc3c.net)
*Single Player -> file size doesn't really matter -> Maybe custom soundtrack, more custom models nad icons

Overall:

Nothing original, very lacking map, boring, no custom spells, gameplay isn't special, except for the terrain.

Rating: 1/5

If you have any questions regarding the things mentioned in my review, let me know.

Gameplay:
I dont have any custiom spells on my mind atm
I still dont have any idea for events
i'll put spells learned already
Bosses fight have to be little longer atm

Terrain:
I cant find any gate that will fit this map

Other:
About disabled icons that will come later i hope
i will pan camera to adrian
i did made a preview img but it wont let me add it lol
I will add description where i can
Im not sure can i fix green icons now
I will do something about his passive icons i hope
Binding the spells,i will try
for tooltips can you recomended some tools cuz i dont know any
Im not sure what special effect to use but ill try something
I will put attack sound for alien troopers
ok ill add that quest
They are not supposed to run,atm
I dwed that ui but it was im map which i could open,cuz file was corrupted lol

Bottom line Kael my exp in this stuff is you would probbaly say low,alone i cant make something cool so im doing what i can and how i can :/