• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Primary Attribute change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I'm making a shapeshift spell based on metamorphis, it works great and all but the primary attribute and base stats doesn't change upon shapeshift. I searched for a solution and everybody says metamorphis could be used for this, what am I doing wrong?

Level 9
Well, first you have to tell (and show!) what's not working... Post a trigger, post a picture of your changes in the Object Editor. Heck, even post the whole map, if you can't pin point the problem to any single thing.

Level 7
After some more searching I have found that it's very complicated and you would have to remove the hero and save all properties, create a whole new hero and put the saved properties on the new unit. If you have any other solution on how to change primary attribute in a simplier way you are most welcome to share it :D

Level 9
I can't believe it's that hard, because - you know - it works just fine with Demon Hunter himself... Even Bear Form works great with heroes if you want to change the unit without timer. And of course you have to make two versions of the unit, just like there are two Demon Hunters and two Druids of the Claw, but you don't need to transfer the stats anyhow, they will be transferred automatically by the ability.

Level 7
The problems is they don't, I have changed the primary attribute aswell as the base stats on the transformed unit but it doesn't have any effect. It's weird cus it works with for example changing the attack type etc but not for stats

Level 9
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your problem. Well, yeah, the ability doesn't take stats from the target unit-type, the original unit is still under the hood. What you can do is give the units different abilities. You could for example use item ability Hero Stat Boost (all stats), change it to give 100 stats and add it to the demon form unit.

The change of primary attribute is a bit trickier and you would probably have to trigger it, because I don't think there even exists a function to change it, your only chance is to have two different units and replace them via a trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.