• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I've found a way to change hero's primary attribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to write a script to do this semi-seamlessly, but so far, my findings are as follows:

1) This is done by morphing your hero to a normal unit, then morphing it to a hero again, but the hero loses all hero metadata so he ends up with 0 0 0 attributes, and 0 experience as well
2) You need to let some ticks through while doing this, your hero needs to be an unit for the minimal amount of time, so you'll need to use a timer to do this properly, and after it's done, you just remove the chaos ability used to morph to a dummy unit, and add the one you want, I am not sure this works seamlessly, and we need to test this
3) If your unit has any armor, negative or positive, before transformation, it will end up as a permanent bonus after two transformations back and forth

If anybody wants to experiment with this or even write a simple system, he's free to, I will be making my won in the near future anyway.

Level 26
This is a known technique but due to complication arising during even such a short period of time when hero becomes a unit result in it being uncommonly used.
It's not a simple switch - several factors have to be taken into consideration and you can't be sure about what random triggers in random map are doing to random hero that is going to be shifted.

Level 19
only working solution solution.

create multiple morph abilities, 3 for each hero model 1 for every attribute.

giving a morph ability to a hero, which ever attribute they want matching their model file

morph the hero

use a trig to replace unit with matching unit with same stats

kill and revive hero

now you have a permanent change

happy hiving :)

Level 19
the only error I got was that sometimes you got negative armour, but if you kill and revive the hero the problem goes away.

multiple morphs doesn't disrupt the game, it just takes time is all

Status
Not open for further replies.