• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Prides of the Empire 0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Prides of the Empire 0.5

Hello everyone =D
This is my first map that I'm seriously developing.
I know it doesn't have anything at the moment...but it's alpha stage.
I'll update it EVERY DAY,to make it playable :)

Story
I don't have any at the moment ^_^""
Just know you're building another outpost and some other empires are blocking your way.
And that your empire is rival with the others but you have the same origin.
Each empire will have some advantage over a certain category of units.

Description
In this map,every unit is a hero and can gain experience and level up abilities just like every other hero.
But they're not normal units.
Every unit must be trained to go to another tier,and has to choose between Strength,Agility or Intelligence.
With this upgrade,they'll change model and will be able to learn new skills,as well as having more statistic increment.

Leveling and System
For each attack taken and for each attack dealt,they will gain five experience points.So,I made a structure to get them train without fighting with eachoter,the training dummy (but note that they will gain more experience if you make them fight eachother).
They still gain experience when killing enemies.
Oh! Also,Recruits gain one experience point each second,and
Mage classes three experience points when they cast a spell.

Tier System
When you want units,you have to recruit...Recruits at the Town Hall.
When you wanna choose the Recruit's upgrade,you have to go at a Barrack(for Strength),a Lumber Mill(for Agility) or Arcane Library(for Intelligence),and choose the specialization.
This first specialization is critical,cause if you choose Strength it will turn out Melee,if you choose Agility it will turn out Ranged and if you choose Intelligence it will turn out Magic.
Example
Let's see what happens if you choose Strength.
Go to the barrack,buy Melee Training with your Recruit and make him use it.
Now your unit is a Soldier.
From now on,you can choose between Advanced Strength/Agility/Intelligence Training. So it will become Knight/Samurai/Officer.
Let's choose Advanced Strength Training.
From Knight it can have an additional upgrade,that is Supreme (attribute) Training,to become a more powerful unit with even more powerful skills and attributes.

Credits
Kitakatabe for Samurai Model
eubz for Archer Model
communist_orc for Training Dummy Model
Me,obviously,for editing the map myself and making this thread.

I'll add images as soon as possible when I'll know how to use this Thread maker better ^_^""
And don't worry,I'll never stop developing this map even when it'll be fully finished and balanced!
PLEASE TRY IT AND COMMENT!
And don't steal it,stealing is bad >:|

Attachments

• Prides of the empire.w3x
    592 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 4
I can write a story for you, if you want. I'd need a little bit more than
you're building another outpost and some other empires are blocking your way.
though, unless you want me to create something from that.

Level 4
Yeah!
That's exactly what I'm ispired too!

I was thinking about that... another thing is Hero-units are immune to many things...
Maybe I should get permission to put Advanced Custom Experience in the game,but since I can't program in Jass,that would be impossible for me now.

Anyways,thank you for the comment and also for your mod ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.