• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ancient Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Note: This thread is here because the official forum exists with a very private clan website. I am letting public know this way.

Ancient Empire

Ancient Empire is a custom spawn based strategy game with lore straight from a novel I am working on. It takes place during the Great War and is designed to be an epic map. This map has been in the works for over 3 years and includes more custom systems than I can keep track of.

Heros:
-Every hero is custom lore made and almost all are designed with purely triggered spells.
-Every hero can have 10 levels. No ultimates, a default ability, and 4 abilitys with each having a total of 4 levels. Meaning you can have it leveled as 2-4-4-0 or 1-4-4-1 or 3-3-3-1 or any way you want to build your character. every path is designed to be balanced and rewarding. according to my math, there are a total of 36 possible combinations per character.

Spawn Systems:
-One of the biggest traits in the map is that ability to choose your own spawn system. Most spawn-based maps are designed around one thing. Lotr are usually time based, other maps upgrade your spawn as you kill more, and there are other ways. Ancient Empire allows you to choose your own, including one in which you choose the specific units you want. Allowing you to make a spawn in any combination of units you want. Every spawn-system has a strength and weakness, and should make it interesting.

Lore:
-As I have already mentioned, the lore is custom made. No relation to war3 or Warhammer or anything. This allows events that usually are not known at first to exist. So things may happen that you do not expect. (like archimonde being sent to azeroth. that is an event that is universal and known simply because it is war3.)

Terrain:
-My terrain job is crappy and the terrainer i had (who was epic) had to quit due to RL. Which is why i am looking for someone to work on it. I am not settling for shit, i am looking for someone good. This isnt me asking, just letting ya know it is very much in the works and is at this moment a piece of crap. I may have to release the map eventually with pathetic terrain in the future if i can never find one.
-Terrain will include a large variety of enviroments. Including swamp, forest, mountainous, corrupted, cavernous, DEEP cavernous, fortresses, cities, islands, and desert. (or rather the edge of a desert)

Special capitals:
-As part of the events, some cities can be taken by anyone instead of being flat out destroyed. These cities are strongest in the hands of specific players, but are still very useful to anyone who can claim it.

Teams:
every team has strengths and weaknesses and I hope to be balanced. I do not think they share much resemblance.

Team 1 -
Council of Dozen - hero squad
Aeterna Empire
Ire Ne

Team 2 -
Erl
Nature

Team 3 -
Unknown
Vamp'Ire

Team 4 - N/A
Soran