• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preventing Selecting units through doodads/destructables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Any way to fix this bug? i changed several options for mouse selection to try to hide it, but it still seems some destructables/doodads dont show the unit being clicked, and some do.

for example, a tree can block prevent the unit to be detected through mouse movement, while a gate cannot.

thanks for your time

Level 15
Any way to fix this bug? i changed several options for mouse selection to try to hide it, but it still seems some destructables/doodads dont show the unit being clicked, and some do.

for example, a tree can block prevent the unit to be detected through mouse movement, while a gate cannot.

thanks for your time
Once upon a time...when i was making the basic terrain of my map,and i was testing it a noticed this too.I had placed 2 cages,one of them was selectable and the other was not.I hadn't changed anything,so i was something like :eek:
What the hell is going on here i said?Never found the answer...

Level 10
you mean change their model file? though wouldnt that change the vertexes of the model itself ? and i mean like the cursor detecting a units presence, not the vision :]

please more about the suggestion, i may go somewhere from here :p

someone please... help me out if u have any information, i cannot risk taking that alternative :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.