• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

PreloadGenStart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Since I am not so sure if this is known and I still do not know the purpose of all Preload natives:

I always thought files created by PreloadGenEnd spat some random number in their last PreloadEnd line because they were quite arbitrary. It's simply that PreloadGenStart marks the starting point of some async timer that runs across different games and even considers the gap of wc3 being closed.

Therefore you can use this to benchmark any action in a map: call PreloadGenStart, do your stuff, call PreloadGenEnd.

though I know of no possibility to retrieve the value from inside wc3.

Level 26
For me, it was quite consistent. It's not that the number is imprecise (although it shows only one decimal place), but the real execution time might not always be exactly the same. Anyway, of course you should repeat the action a big multiple of times in order to obtain some significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.