• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ppl who want create a good ORPG

Level 6
About me

I am the author of Twilights Eve Resurrection

Skills:
  • Jass - pro level
  • vJass/cJass/Zinc/Lua - ~average
  • Extensive knowledge about wc3 in general
  • Good understanding of game design
  • In general, i can do everything except such specific things as creating and changing models

Map creation method
YDWE map editor.
Editing code with Vscode and import in map by boost preprocessor. This way it is possible to co-edit code via github, but i've never used this.
Jass + vJass + Boost directives
Create/change objects by lua code/sometimes by lni or in editor.
I don't use any functions other than default 1.26 in order to have maximum audience reach, but i can start use reforged/other functions if it makes sense.

Map concept
True ORPG which uses good systems and experience of successful projects.
I don’t respect Korean grinds where you have to move from one creep pen to another and endlessly change professions, in my opinion, it can be called anything, but not rpg.

Some constants and other:
  • Max players: 10
  • Max ppl in group: 5
  • Max ppl in dungeons: 5 (also all dungeons balanced for 5 ppl)
  • Max ppl in raids/legendary dungeons: 10 (two groups)
  • PvE is balanced for comfortable solo leveling, for groups it is recommended to level up in dungeons.
  • Bosses are not dummies for right clicks, they have phases and skills. In addition, dungeon creeps and some outside creeps are also dangerous.
  • Active gameplay in general, i don’t want to make another Gaias or Tkok which, despite all their technology, are very stuffy orpg for most players

Example of systems that are planned (most of which have been implemented)
  • Agro system
  • Anti creep kiting
  • Group system with classic mmorpg rules for experience/drop. Heroes between whom there is a big difference in levels cannot be in the same group. Also you cant heal/buff players if they are not in your group
  • Items roll system (players cant take any dropped items without roll, and do not have the right to roll if their hero cannot equip the item)
  • Dungeons in which creeps/bosses do not respawn until all players leave it
  • Creep-casters using spells instead of attacks
  • Previously, a full-fledged pvp balance was planned, but now i’m not sure that i will do it

What is this all for?
I want to fix the problems of most ORPG, such as boosting newbies, which encourages players to run after a high level player, killing all the gameplay and interest.
Or ninja looting. Why should a player always be ready to click on a dropped item so that some schoolboy doesn't take it? Because map authors are not trying to solve this problem.

Who am i looking for

Most of all, i need people who understand mathematics and geometry, such things as angles, radians, degrees, polar coordinates, etc.
I don't have enough of this knowledge to implement ideas like "glides, knockbacks, damaging targets inside certain pieces, etc"
Ready-made formulas, examples and instructions can also help.

Also someone who can take on some of the tasks (ideas for skills/items/etc, balance/visual part/other)
You must have a serious approach, not just come up with a skill, but tell why this particular hero needs this particular skill, what opportunities it gives, what problems it solves, whether it fits into the concept of the hero and whether it will lead to an imbalance. Because that's what i do.
These must be people who have the desire and time. If you can think about map development a two of hours a week, it's not serious.

As a developer, i pay a lot of attention to things like (optimization, good systems, balance and other technical aspects) i'm not trying to "sell" anything, i'm trying to do everything as efficiently and conveniently as possible. And maybe that's my problem.
People don't notice optimization, they notice items, bosses, heroes, anime models and skills.
People don't notice convenience, many don't even notice when they're uncomfortable.
Therefore, it would be nice to find someone who will care about attracting players so that i can calmly focus on the quality of the product and good ideas.

Afterword

I'm interested in inventing and implementing something new, but I'm not making this map for fun, i hope that in the future players will start supporting the authors with donations. I also have ambitions to get into the market for creating games in future