• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ORPG in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im making a brand-new ORPG :eekani: , it is still deep in the development phase, so i just wanted to hear ppl thoughts of what it should be and what not. Feel free to discuss, post suggestions - any help is appreciated :wink:
Main features of the map :
-8 completely different classes to play.
-max hero level is 100, each hero has 30+ abilities and spells, synergized for group playing and solo. Most of them are triggered and stat-based
-large variety of items
-uniq bosses with their own tactics (say "no" to HP 100000000 bosses)
-stat managment, player chooses which stats to raise with level
-quests, world events
-s\l system of course :wink:
-armor-damage type sys
Already done: a part of terrain, concept for heroes, stat managment, part of spells
Requested: suggestions on gameplay, pvp system, spell ideas and in fact all your thoughts :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Current questions:
1. PVP
Make it in-game, on special arena, or maybe create a battlegrounds map whith same s\l codes . In my vision pvp must have a some sort of reward but on the other hand i realise that reward may cause abuses :sad:
2. Heroes abilities
That is harder than sounds, need to create 150+ playable, uniq abs
Each hero has 3 "spell-trees". Here the list
-tauren warrior: defens masteries, offense masteries, primal instincts
-priest: protection, light spells, will
-stalker(a kind of archer) : dark archery, invocations, dark enchantments
-necromancer : curses, dark magic, rituals
-goblin rogue: swiftness, combat, goblin tricks
-berserker: survival, wild strength, blood god's gifts
-sorceress: ice,fire,lightning :bored:
3. Loot system
4. Party system
make it global or managable

that were the first questions that came to my mind

P.S. sry for my english, my native is russian

my.php

Last edited:
Level 2
hoi nodrugs
- i am working also on an orpg-
--> its in the same part as yours, my post is --> need a killed mapmaker

oO i am willed to help u really because i would like to make a really good rpg^^

--> i cant help u really with mapping but with ideas and anything else. but with the character system oO its not like your system! maybe u should just read my text, i will offer u the complete system for the map cause its really good from my side of opinion and not like other systems and very individual!!!

pls tell me when u want!!!

wfg

Status
Not open for further replies.