• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Power Transmission [Mana Transfer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey i wanna remake the Map Power Towers for Starcraft.

Got a little Problem, because i cant get the Transfer Ability done.

There should be the possibility to Add/Remove the Transfertarget.

Already tried it with 2 Dummy Abilities, an Unit Group Array and some Triggers, but wasnt successful.

Could some1 please help me :)?

uhhhhh....sc1 or sc2?

to be honest, im still kinda novice at data in sc2 galaxy editor my self (since wings of liberty i've been playen with the editor...so what 6-7 years?)

when you say energy transfer, you mean the unit stat, energy, right? the purple one?

so the way I would do it, personally, to get what I think you want, is....

first I'd probably copy paste the medic heal ability along with some of its various parts you'd probably wana duplicate it all.

then i'd say change the ''healcopy'' abilitys effect (renamed often as ''2'') i'd change the ''Vitals'' stats in heal2 effect from 3 health? I think it is? to 3 energy.

if you changed the cost of the ability, to say, 3 energy, it'd be, in essence......transfer energy....right?

there are other things at play, though, such as validators, you'd want to change your copied pasted validators, as well, from things like health missing to energy missing.

which I think would be the main one, oh and the upgrades, such as medic has such n such heal upgrades, to such and such heal2 upgrades.

once you get what you want, the beam actor and the effects actor and the stats change on the unit and the mechanics you want right, you could just delete whats not needed later after that.

so....my suggestion? go take a look at the simpler wings of liberty medic heal.

there is some more complicated stuff going on, to do with prioritizing targets, based on who has less health, for medivacs, which is why the beams swap so much, but medics lack that, so they heal til the targets full and pocket heal one target longer, fixed in the heart of the swarm and more refined in legacy of the void medics.

as far as medic healing 2 targets at once like medivacs, thats another thing entirely, and I never did get my 2 target medic healing to work so.

Status
Not open for further replies.