• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Potential New RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than bringing shit up in Flames of War, let's do it here.

Let me took the liberty of scrapping some stuffs from the original discussion :

Chaosy said:
*requesting RP with a dedicated/active DM*

to me, a perfect RP is a RP without factions and where the DM is of most importance.
If person X is running through the woods to pick some mushroom for a poison, the DM may intervene and make a wild bear appear which you have to deal with.
This makes it that everything is not planned. And more importantly the only player interaction is not full out war, but maybe having to deal with a riot in your own city.

The no-faction part is highly subjective, but I don't see the point of it. The troops are quite pointless anyway, it's just the main characters that matter in the end.
Good example of this is the fight between me and Directive right now.
The DM part though, I don't see anyone being against that.

Directive255 said:
@Chaosy: Yes, but at times your characters were busy with things elsewhere and they could be useful at times.
=============================
How about introducing something like some sort of economy-system, more detailed map or something similar?

For example, if an economy center is ruined, the economy of the owner will drop greatly? We need to list any available resources and a map to locate any resource gathering points in Jupiter (Jupradus) as well as mountains, lakes or other stuffs. Make the spread of resources interesting and unique, so factions can wage war for a resource or a strategic location.

If X has a bad economy, it would be more painful for him/her to maintain their forces, slow down their projects, etc.

Also, the DM can randomly make an unexpected natural disaster occasionally (but not too often) to some key locations.

Chaosy said:
@Directive
Exactly, that's the kind of things the DM would try to achieve.
Another thing the DM could do, while the king is away (to lead the army, for example) a cult within the capital try to take over which may cause unexpected complications.
This is something that would always keep you on your toes.

Naturally this requires an active DM. But if done right, I think it takes RP to the next level.

Daffa the Mage said:
I would say both of you shares interesting ideas.

The economic system and the DM manipulations are pretty much good ideas. Though it needs at least 2 DMs to ensure continuous activity (in case one left for awhile).

Chaosy said:
@Daffa
Yeah that may be right.
Problem with having 2 DMs is that it's almost half of out active roleplay base xD
Unless the DM is very active he could focus soley on the DM part and not have a faction himself.

NOW DISCUSS OR I'LL GET SOME STORM LIZARD TO MAKE YOU AS THEIR SALAD!
Btw, don't go OT or I'll get you guys a good headshot at ye heads. Heed it.
Okay, after midnight screws my mind a lot.

Level 21
Why did my eyes automatically first read "lizards make your ass their salad"

wait,I went OT.and I'm too lazy to read all that.Can somebody sum it up?

The economic system and the DM manipulations are pretty much good ideas. Though it needs at least 2 DMs to ensure continuous activity (in case one left for awhile).
This is a rough sum up I made earlier.

Hopefully, my mind still processes properly...
There's a suggestion to make an economical system and DM being the one in charge of events (such as riots, global events etc) w/o having any forces of his own initially.

It's a quick sum up and need details.

Btw, laughed the hidden tag. Hope it made your day tho.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
w/o having any forces of his own initially.
As I said it's possible that one be the DM and have a separate faction.
Though it requires two DMs so the two DMs can DM each other, because DM oneself is kinda pointless.

Though I don't advice that they do if the only post once a day for example.

If no one else wants to give it a try, I'm willing to. Mostly because it may give me more to do.

edit: regarding the economic system..
It's very interesting, but also very difficult.
No idea how to make it work to be honest.
Though it would be great if we managed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.