• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possibly a vacant territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I joined a few days ago and have been just recently starting to terrain for the sake of terraining itself and not to be used in playable maps. (Though it could be)

First posted terrain :grin: What do you think?

EDIT: New screen.

Attachments

• Vacant Territory [800x600].jpg
    Vacant Territory [800x600].jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Vacant Territory (2) [800x600].jpg
    Vacant Territory (2) [800x600].jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 4
I changed the grass in the front. Before, the angle was actually tilted up but the tall grass threw it off, I hope the new one is better. Oh, I also got rid of the grass sticking up through the columns and rocks ^^

Level 34
The grass is too large. It looks stretched and ugly. The resolution isn't high enough on it.

Good work other than that. I'd say the background is the best part.

Level 4
Gilles which one were you reffering to about the grass? Thanks :D
And I think I agree with you about the grass types, Belgarath so I'm working on that too.

:smile: It's not so vacant anymore.

Attachments

• Vacant Territory (3) [800x600].jpg
    Vacant Territory (3) [800x600].jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 138
Level 4
I could almost agree with you seruk, but there are as Gilles, and Void pointed out problems with the grass. (Though really I think it's only the grass in the foreground)

Thanks anyways, to you all.

Level 6
Wow, for being new to the site and terraining, those are very good! Like the atmosphere they give and all. The camera is too close for my tastes but I really can't find much else to complain on. A little dark but that might be my fault (on my parents computer and the contrast is bad). + REP

Level 4
Hmm, I tend to go for terrains with a darker atmosphere, I'm kind of tired of so much advanced lighting, with the camera I think maybe I was going for sort of a first person perspective, I really made the terrain for that camera angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.