• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible Art Section Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
This thread is intended to collect names of potential Art Section Moderators.
Dont post crap in this thread. I only want to see names of persons and why they would make a good Art Moderator.
People who havent contributed any own Art to the Art Section cannot be Moderator.

Thanks

Darky28

Level 13
i dont know about wormy. he would probobly just delete everything unless he cleans up his act. most of the people there dont really want to be a moderater, but just comment :wink: . theres really only a handfull of people that would want it i think.

Level 13
for people like afronight, lord finarfin, me, skaterjcp, theres tons of people that are constantly online, and a lot of them have good judgement. at least, i think.

Level 12
There are a lot of artists that have good work
But not many are on the sight a lot
I still think Mr Psycho should be it but unfortunatly he doesnt want it

I feel like if some other people recieved the responsibility either they'd be too picky or too open,

i feel atryl is more appropiate for the job

Level 10
Si there sum requirements 4 being a Mod, like what 2 say, or what 2 post, i think that there has 2 be sum requirements.
Like Atryl, he's a kick ass Artist, and has alotta potential, but he never says nething, cept sum short sentences where he's offended or says, summing about his pic.

I think that n art mod, shudn't have any hatred against any person in particular.
That's why i think Wormskull should be an Art Section mod, since he's good at constructive criticism, and he's getting better and better, by trying himself.

And, Darky, could you post some information about the responsibilaty, of being a mod, then i'd like 2 go 4 a mod myself.
But i dont think that Darky likes me T_T

wormskull would be a good mod but for one thing, i most likely believe he would delete art on the basis of whether or not he thinks that they are quality art, and not so much based on the rules of this site. but for some reason i havent seen him on this site for a while. btw konblade thnks for nomitating me, but i think the chances for me to be chosen are very slim.

Level 13
yea. no one would ever submit art on this site except for the REALLY good people because they know it would just be deleted.

and as a new policy, i have to add a movie quote to every post that is related to what i said.
"Fear will keep them in line. Fear of this battle station!"

Level 13
thats true. atryl (or whatever his name is) has been submitting some very good art recently. he would also be a good choice, along with stormrage (although he is a little arrogant, he is still supportive)

Level 7
Me.. MEEE! "waves arms like crazy"

or not - but seriously, does one have to be "good" at drawing to judge if a pic is decent or not - I don't think Atryl should be a mod - he needs to stay with his portfolio and draw, draw, draw, cause he creates marvels and may possibly be the one artist submitting highest quality, pencil drewn, fanart. Lets not burden such a potential with jobs like commenting and discarding.

Obviously, Wormskull would really raise some standards, but as you all point out - he is a dangerous man to set loose as a moderator :wink:

but seriously, I see most comments from Kerrigan and Wormskull, whenever I browse the gallery - actually most of the time arguing over points of views as to why the art is bad/good

could it be like a duo mod, with Wormskull as the designated moderator, and Kerrigan as the restraining factor? :roll:

Level 13
true. we dont want to weigh down our best artists with more things on his agenda, so that he has time to draw. ^^

Level 5
not being ego or something.. I think that I myself would be a good mod. I have submitted things that are decent, I give criticism, and I'm always on this site. and judging by all stuff completly non-related to warcraft that is uploaded, that would be needed. ^^

otherwise.. just get a mod that's almost always on the site, and removes the screenshots and non-related stuff and let the others do the commenting? :D

Level 2
whoever is chosen need...

-To understand art

-Respect the styles used

-Someone patient

-Non-Flamer

-Give good tips on how to improve

-Someone who isnt hard with people, give tips but for the level of the artist

-Be on the site quite often

-Preferably not an idiot

Sorry but with that list we lose 3/4 of the candidates, i would personally recommend Atryl or Tari, its aint forgiven to pm ppl about that, muoteck is a busy guy btw

Level 7
Saboera - well for someone that does not says a whole lot (1 post, 18 comments) you just said a bunch! I guess I'm gonna point my finger at Tari then, given that "not an idiot" is only preferable xD

oh shoot, sorry I did not mean that

btw. SOPHO :evil: there are theese really stoopid pictures submitted by primussucks, and they have been on this site allready for too long! We are talking 11 pics of game-covers, for crying out loud!

Level 2
Rexfist Malice said:
Saboera - well for someone that does not says a whole lot (1 post, 18 comments) you just said a bunch! I guess I'm gonna point my finger at Tari then, given that "not an idiot" is only preferable xD

oh shoot, sorry I did not mean that

btw. SOPHO :evil: there are theese really stoopid pictures submitted by primussucks, and they have been on this site allready for too long! We are talking 11 pics of game-covers, for crying out loud!

Thx, i try to hang around the site a bit, im somewhat busy and i dont have much time to critic every piece made, ill try to post some more, just need to organize my time a bit, college and drawing take away a big part of my time plus i lead a project, ill post some piece soon so check out the art section ^-^

Level 13
tari for presid- er...
tari for art mod!

mainly the requirements are being online often, and having good knowledge of the rules

Level 13
cold voice, washy, metabee, afro, tari, psycho, black label, lubbe and rexfist visits the art section often, but i'd say it could be afro tari and rexfist.
afro is a pretty passive person, same thing for tari, but i'd rather vote for rexfist, he's a nice person at first view :)
i dont think i could be a mod, since i'm rather strict and posts off-topic pictures, but on another hand, i could easily turn neutral if a such thing would happen. since i'm on a lot, the lifetime of innapropriate images would be reduced

Lord_Duke

L

Lord_Duke

i'll do it if ye'll have me,though i post little here atm im more on the wc3camp forum and other places :/

Level 7
@Lubbe - because you will use your newfound powers as moderator, to realize your ambitious masterplan of taking over the world :roll:

But seriously, ppl should act a little more desperate on this issue, cause its getting there - comments regarding wether or not the art section has become a warzone, people shooting at eachother with flaming and spam in the clip, figurates on every other piece of art. Whoever gets the title oughtta realize that he/she has somewhat alot of sorting to do - but as implicated above, we really should begin to act more desperate - maybe someone, "maybe even the one who is gonna elect the new mod :roll: " should create a poll or just decide right away? I thought this exact topic was for the sole purpose of givin some insight as to who might be fit for the job - countin' 3 pages, this shoúld've been achieved by now. Am I just speculating without reason?

Level 16
I could be a moderator too. I could be quite impartial in matters, and no, I am not some power-hungry flaming idiot who is driven by a true hatred of noobs double-warning everyone. I don't really want to make art, but all I can do are cynical comics depicting noobs, and not using any sorts of names.

Level 13
>_> <_<
i could be a mod. i dont have a life outside my computer and fencing, and i get bored easy and when i get bored i go to wc3sear.ch, so i can just keep the art section clean of all the spammers

damn typos

Level 8
Lol, although I am not a large producer of artwork, I do visit this site atleast once or twice everyday. Does PsychoMagnataur ever get angry? Nope. Psychomagnataur has never gotten into trouble here or done anything bad. Heheheh.

w/e, just NOT Wormskull

Level 16
Worm would go around triple-warning people, senselessly deleting art, and as far as I know, Darky forgot to lift bans, and Black_Label is gone after 4 warnings, most of which are flaming and spam :roll: . I don't really know how much PsychoMag can do, but as far as I know, he will probably be the best if I'm not chosen :p , not saying I'm full of myself. mrpsycho has gone on some rampage, flaming people for CnP art he made they criticized, and submitting weird off-topic art.

Level 5
I wonder if half of all the ones that have volounteered to be art-mods, really have given it much thought or just are powerhungry.
I think that if you moderate a section, you should know something about it. and art is a big issue, it's just not imitate reality.
and as darky said in the first post, you must have posted art of your own if you want to become an artmod.
and be a nice person at the same time. and of all those that have voulenteered, i don't see many that fill those criterias.
I just ask you to go over your motives and think twice.

Level 7
@ElfWarfare - are you our new artmod?` and responsible for the holiday cleaning? :D I just realized alot of [hoe'bag] art went down the drain, and your name on as a section mod :wink: Guess I just wanna say thx, and cg!

Level 4
i think Eusira he is always posting help full things and he is always online. though he may not be so good at art i dont see sopho with any art either

Level 2
erm.. just who the hell is Elfware, and why did Darky even made this thread if it is to not look at it and dont even care about what people said... and pick a guy no one know (no offense elfware)

Level 7
This is who he is! ^^

deadmod7ce.jpg

The one who slew the Sophonian beast, whos heart had been corrupted with chaos- And thus, ElfWarfare restored order to the art section; His name be sung in praises for years to come. Maybe with the chaos cleansed, Sophos heart may be imbedded with Fury passionate rubies and Just rightoutness saphires (incredible, he has a socketed heart! ^^) and return to his place beside his redeemer. Only time will tell. Sooner or later. Time will tell.

Level 2
my bad, i only visit the art forum and he posted a drawing once, that must be why i dont know him, and with that picture are you telling me he his a midget

-_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.