• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Portraits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
in the object editor, select the unit with a new model you want, then search for the category: Art-Icon.Click on it and select import, then select an imported icon of your choice from the drop down list.

Level 12
Do you mean portraits or icons? Serpent just told you about icons, ask in modelling about portraits I would say.

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? (Just so you know)

Icons are the 2d art shown in the command bar at the bottom left hand corner of the game. They normally come in a disbtn for too, to allow players to know when they can not build that unit, or use that skill.

Portraits are part of a model that is shown left of all its stats. This is normally animated to show the unit talking and is mch more detailed sometimes.

So what do you mean?

Level 8
He means the one that appears next to the minimap when u select a unit. The portrait, as it is called on the model. The 2d icons are the illustrations i think.

Anyway... go to Import Manager and set the custom path of the portrait empty. If it doesnt work, u must delete just the ........./<modelname>. The dots u must delete............. i confused u eh ? XD i was meant to CONFUSE !!!!

Level 4
Just for a little clarification - Model files (.mdx or .mdl) must always have their import paths changed to just the filename. To do this, double click on the field, and click the little box that says Custom Filepath. Then delete everything (including the \) before the actual name of the file (should look like YourModel.mdx).

Hope this helped clear some stuff up. GL.
-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.