• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have followed all of the instructions on Portforward.com, minus making a static IP(because my internet doesnt work when I do it, and because it's quite complex). Nonetheless, I've been able to host for about 2 years or so. Of course there have been problems before but they were easily fixed. Now I'm confused because I've forwarded my ports right (dynamic IP doesnt matter because I'm only one on the network anyway), never had any firewalls at all anyway, and because I stopped being able to host after I unplugged several cables in the back of my computer and put them back in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Level 18
Im not an expert at these things buit if i were you i would redo the entire thing just go to Run and press Ipconfig this shows the IP you use type that on internet enter the name and password of the router than go to port forwarding than remove the port you made for WC3 make a new one named WC3 with 6111 as begin and 6113 as end and use your IP adress. than press apply wait a couple of seconds close the page and see if you can host.

Level 2
Smart idea, actually. Hadn't thought about removing the port then re-adding it, however, still no success. : / I used the IPv4 address and I still cannot host.

Level 7
Creating a static address is one of the easiest things I've ever done, it's quite simple but it will take to long for me to explain to you.

Do you have any Anti-Viruses running? An example would be AVG Internet Security 9.0.
If you're 100% sure that you don't have any firewalls running, turn windows firewall on and add the port exceptions 6112-6119 TCP, port forward 6112-6119 TPC to your current IP address, download and use PF Port Checker to make sure your port is forwarded correctly.

For some routers or modems, you will need to restart them for the Port Forward to take effect.

Level 2
Did all that you've told me to. Thanks for the effort, but I think I may have a virus. +rep

Level 12
Best solution: Throw your computer down from empire state building. LOL. I also tried hosting using this bot rubbish and found out that the stupid macefee( srry for incorrect spelling) anti-virus seems to keep blocking it. I tried using the port forwarding thingy and they said the connection between my comp and the website was ILLEGAL! I don't know why but they just said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.