• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't host on bnet (I know what you're thinking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Yes it's another one of these threads, but I could swear I've done everything right.

I can't host on B.net. I have a static IP address. I have ports 6112-6119 forwarded. I have exceptions to McAfee (and even to Windows Firewall which I never use, just to be on the safe side).

I've been able to host before, albeit a long time ago. I'm on a wireless network (and I don't have much choice regarding that, I know it's slow), but I was hosting on the wireless a long time ago.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why this isn't working? I'm all out.

EHH

EHH

Level 3
Meh

Not helpful

Helpful

Taken from it: "McAffee, (I tried with this one, but I couldn't get Warcraft III to work)"

It may be your firewall.

Wow, isn't that tutorial 100% the same as what the OP did?

Can you not be so insightful?

I have the same problem too. I never got it fixed, the only way I could host was using LAN games like Garena.

And having 5 years trying to host, yeah, I've done a lot of shit already.

Level 17
Wow, isn't that tutorial 100% the same as what the OP did?

Can you not be so insightful?

I have the same problem too. I never got it fixed, the only way I could host was using LAN games like Garena.

And having 5 years trying to host, yeah, I've done a lot of shit already.

I was pointing out the fact that Ralle never could get it to work with McAfee so it may be that which is still blocking it. There is no reason for sarcasm.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Check your provider incase you have any peer to peer restrictions.

I met someone today in the UK who can host during the night (where restrictions are dropped) but during the day can not. ISPs are being really irritating by doing this, so you may quite well end up being unable to host during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.