• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Poll] Which Advanced class is your favourite?

Which advanced class is your favourite?

• Crusader

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Berserker

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Druid

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Hunter

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Bard

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Assassin

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Necromancer

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Bishop

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Monk

• Hexblade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Psion

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Shrug. No clue why I misread Crusader for Berserker. Oh well.
Well, I still stand that Berserker is best for reasons above - both tank and good dps on boss encounters and access to consistent AoE make him easy pick in my book.

As for his farming, at the time I'm limited to 60 sec protector runs because no 15-25 speed souls. It's just more worth to me to wait duration of soul vault cd and use it to get out of dungeon and fast reset it. I can rest while waiting to save additional time so my run times are 1 min all the time with no variation. Zerker is just very comfortable and foolproof and assassin can get killed (at least in my case). I don't have really best gear for her so that might be the reason. Didn't try sorcerer yet so out of my chars Zerker seems like best option by far. Didn't know about imbue armor thing. Will try.

Level 8
Oh right, if you're not maxed out then yeah Berserker is the clear favorite. Also need level 50 for Psion D3 wave farming. In general I would also say Berserker is currently too easy, thankfully new content can't be main-tanked with him.

Level 3
My favorites are Druid and Monk, but since I can only vote on one, my vote goes to my first character ever, Druid <3

Also, Assassins are cool, I guess, and would come as my third favorite.

Regardless, it's funny seeing how Hexblade has 0 votes lol.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Wasn't this thread made before Mystic was even a class? :p

Eh 16 days before, so not much. But I guess factoring in the time it took to get mystic classes to level 50 for most of the players to do proper comparisons to other classes, many of us may have already voted on other things.

Anyhow, I think Psion is my new favorite class anyway TBH. Shes awesome :D. Though will be less awesome after the imbue armor bug is fixed :(.

No. Mystic was released when I made this poll. I wouldn't make a poll with meaningless options bro :).

Anyway, I think the poll, even with its limited voter turnout, indicates a good class balance. I mean, every class has someone voting for them, and others are 2nd or 3rd choice judging from the posts in the thread.

Sure, Hexblade has no voters yet. But when it gets its new content, I'm sure that will change.

Level 10
Sure, Hexblade has no voters yet. But when it gets its new content, I'm sure that will change.

I think it goes without saying that Druid is my #1 and forever will be my #1 class, but Hexblades are such a blast to play. The problem is they just lack proper aggro generation, which I believe without a doubt they will be getting some new spells and some buffs to make them a top contender for many classes in new content. Since this thread was created I'd probably rank my top four fav classes as:

Druid > Monk > Hex > Bard

Level 9
Well, cru is easiest class here I think. I am not saying he is best for solo leveling, but he is good at it and he can kill bosses solo w/ merc kinda early cuz of OP shield and good armor from mail items. And In party he can all the way on lvling and gearing hold agro pretty well w/o effort, mostly just slapping guys w/ a/a and he has a self healing ability.

Level 2
I literally made an account just to vote for monk. Why you ask? It was just so satisfying playing the same character completely different from the first 25 levels. I was running away from bandits and gnolls before, now I'm chasing them fists flailing in the air. Oh and who doesn't like punching stuff anyway

#voteformonk2016 #makegaiasgreatagain

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I literally made an account just to vote for monk. Why you ask? It was just so satisfying playing the same character completely different from the first 25 levels. I was running away from bandits and gnolls before, now I'm chasing them fists flailing in the air. Oh and who doesn't like punching stuff anyway
You will probably dig the new roundhouse kick animation for monks coming in the next update. :D

Instant Chuck Norris cred!

151704d1453066075-possible-gem-shard-system-good-bad-ugly-monknorris.jpg

Level 2
You will probably dig the new roundhouse kick animation for monks coming in the next update. :D

Instant Chuck Norris cred!

Oh my god is that going to be a crit anim, basic attack variant, or divine fist proc animation? With the possibility of added abilities, chance of the removal of 9 ability limit and the red soul rework combined with this its just too much hype.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
It's a basic attack anim. I found it weird that the monk was just slapping his enemies around without moving much.

Depending on my time, I was also thinking about adding new custom made animations like this to other classes eventually, like an uppercut animation for Squires or melee animations for Rangers.
I've really gotten better with that stuff and like to try something new.

Level 8
That's only because most players (who use the forum) had already voted before mystic classes were added. Then Hex was mostly ineffective until 1.2B(14). Jombu should put up a new poll, Hex is hella fun and can actually hold aggro now (though it takes maximum effort compared to Crus/Monk).

Bard will probably win again though.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Wrong. Mystic WAS already added at the time I created the poll. But it had just been released, so people only had less than a week to try it out before I made the poll. Psion got votes within the first few days of the poll. However, you are right that Hex was weak until recently. I will make a new poll once 1.2C is out. ;-)

Level 8
Wrong. Mystic WAS already added at the time I created the poll.

Indeed, that was wildly incorrect. Looks like a full month had passed between 1.2B release and this poll. I would have expected at least one vote just for Binding Chains. There should definitely be some votes for Dancing Blades. I'd vote for hex if bard wasn't a thing.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yeah I thought the same about those cool abilities.
And guess I also remembered incorrectly the dates, although I knew Mystic was released at the time :-D.

Anyway, I'd have liked the possibility of picking 2 or 3 favourite classes instead of just one. It would surely give us much more accurate estimates of class popularity.

Level 8
Perhaps you can use a 3rd party polling site next time like Straw Poll. We may also get more votes this way. Some people probably don't want to create a forum account just to place a vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.