• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hmm, idk yet, but i think the max Pokémon for the demo will be 6, because you wont need more and it will only take longer if you could xD

The damage calculation is done again in GUI, the Jass had me confused,, I thought it was okay, but it wasnt so i threw it out the window (printed it out, and then threw it out the window), and used GUI again,,

I now kept the Jass triggers in the Map, so i might use it when i know whats wrong =P

@ LoS: So, are you gonna make that leveling system?? (to learn abilitys)

Level 15
Okay, i will try make the abillity system. Not sure how i could set it up easy though : /
Any ideas? Like all my systens, it will have an initilization trigger, where you set up, but im not sure how it would be easy.

-Having a variable for each pokemon = BAD
-Having an Array for each pokemon = Messy, as you will need a trigger to know what array numbers are what pokemons.

So any ideas?

@Deathhunter: Awesome terrain :D

Level 16
Okay, i will try make the abillity system. Not sure how i could set it up easy though : /
Any ideas? Like all my systens, it will have an initilization trigger, where you set up, but im not sure how it would be easy.

-Having a variable for each pokemon = BAD
-Having an Array for each pokemon = Messy, as you will need a trigger to know what array numbers are what pokemons.

So any ideas?

@Deathhunter: Awesome terrain :D

I got a nice idea =D

Ability[X*10 + Y] (thank DSG)

How much abilitys are max? (I mean, when you catch a Pokémon at lvl 2, how much abilitys will it (be able to) learn during the time it gets 100?
Say it is 30 ability learns max, then it would be:
  • Set Ability[((Point value of Pokémon) * 30 + The number of the ability)]
So;
  • Set Abilty[(4*30)+1] = Scratch
this would be scratch or so, since Pokémon 4 (i thought it was Charmander, otherwise i mean 7 ;D ) learns scratch as First Ability!
Then, we would have need of an integer Array
  • Integer[((Point value * 30) + Number of ability)] = Level at which the Pokémon learns it
Got the idea? Well, it will need alot of setting variables (BOOOOORING), but the idea of the system is here,, So: If you would make the system, then i will set the boring variables ;)

(But first: I need some site to check which ability each Pokémon learns at which level,, also i will need to make every ability (object Editor AND trigger)

If you just make the system, i will set the variables! (But make sure i know what variable to set to what value/abilty!)

And please: Send me those attacks!!

BTW: Then we would have a max of: (151*30 + 30) arrays = 4560 ;)

Level 16
Ability[1*30 + 1] would be the first attack of bulbasaur,
I mean by this:
Ability[Number of Bulbasaur * 30 + number of the attack] = leaf blade
Integer[Number of Bulbasaur * 30 + number of the attack] = 3
(Just an example)
This means: Bulbasaur will learn its first attack (leaf blade) at lvl 3!

Ah, anyways, i need to go,, talk to you tonight =)

Level 15
Ability[1*30 + 1] would be the first attack of bulbasaur,
I mean by this:
Ability[Number of Bulbasaur * 30 + number of the attack] = leaf blade
Integer[Number of Bulbasaur * 30 + number of the attack] = 3
(Just an example)
This means: Bulbasaur will learn its first attack (leaf blade) at lvl 3!

Ah, anyways, i need to go,, talk to you tonight =)

Won't Number of Bulbasaur * 30 + number of the attack] give 33?
As Bulbasaur is pokemon nr 1, it will look like:

1*30+3 = 33

or is it just me?

i think i know how to do now :p

Level 16
No, his FIRST spell (1) is [1 * 30 + 1]
the LEVEL at which he learns his first spell is: 3
so: Ability[1*30 + 1] = Leaf blade (or so,,)
Level[1*30 + 1] = 3
This way you can easily check everything(because all arrays are the same =)

Mewtwo's first spell will be at lvl 36 or so( you encounter him at lvl 40)
So his first spell will learn at 36, second 37, third 38, fourth 39, and at 40 he has his 4 starting attacks =)
And then its just, you know,, the rest =P

So, lets say:
Hero gains a level

For each integer A from 1 to 30 (max number of attacks)
If: Level of Hero equal to Level[(Point value of unit)*30 + (IntegerA)] = current level of Hero
Then: Learn Ability[(Point value of uniot) * 30 + (Integer A)]

Something like that
but the Pokémon also needs to remove one attack! So set it in a variable!

Level 16
Ya ;D,, forgot to mention that!

BTW: Everybody,, i feel lonely =( where is everyone?

Bulbasaur point value = 1
Ivysaur point value = 2
Venusaur point value = 3
Mewtwo point value = 150
Mew point value = 151

Level 15
What are you talking about? If it's the "You have to make a variable for each pokemon" thing, then forget it, it's not true :D

For the checking of it already has 4 abillities, don't worry, its done :p

Im just running a lopp 30 times, checking if the unit has abillity number (interger a)., or, infact it checks if the level of the abillity is greater than 0. If it is, then it's a learned abillity. If it's not, well, it's not learned. The problem is just the dialog... i hate dialogs xD

Level 16
Well, if its a player, then you should make a dialog, but otherwise set 5 integers, 4 stand for the abilitys, one for 'Dont learn' and randomly pick one ;)

As for the player dialog, its not that hard =P,, but i would like you to do something:
In front of every variable: 'zz_'
So i can easily look for them in variable block and change names so i have them placed in my own category ;)

Thanks!

Level 16
Well, good systems take time ;D,,
Keep working on it until it is fully working and not bugging!

EDIT: That's why there's A and B, so you can use 2 loop within each other =P,,
And of course for integer Variable, which i prefer to use =P

Level 16
Yeah, that was the word i was looking for xD
ill test out now =D
And good night ;)

Omg! How could you give me this piece of shit!
Archmage has forgotten Eat Tree
and...
Archmage has learned Eat Tree
What is that? That is not okay! Rewrite the whole script, and if i find ANYTHING that looks like the old one, i will kill you! D=<
Just kidding! that message bug is done in 0.6 secs =D
You did a great Job!!!!!!!!

No seriously, it is great!!! =D

Level 7
Well my point is, if you don't have any people in your crew to make it, I could try to make a loading screen and a map preview for you. In the comming days.

Level 16
First: Please do not double post =)
Use the 'Edit' button, it is next to the Quote button,,

And second: Yeah, if you are willing to ;), but it needs to be small size but still good quality, cause i already wrote down space for models and so on ;P

Level 35
Leaf Blade at level 3?!? Mewtwo learning his techniques at lvl 36,37,38 and 39?!?!? This is grossly inaccurate! I hope this is just for a demonstration...

For the actual levels that Pokemon learn their techniques, check out Bulbapedia. It has information on all that and much, much more. Also, does the move system allow you to choose a spell to replace when you reach your max of 4? How would we even begin to do that?

I don't even think Bulbasaur learns Leaf Blade.... lol

Level 16
This is just an example! =P
Lets say you encounter Mewtwo when he is 40,, (EXAMPLE)
you dont want him to have only 2 attacks, so when i create him in the map, he will level up, from 1 to 40, on lvl 36 he will learn an attack, on lvl 37, on lvl 38, and on lvl 39, then on lvl 40 he is totaly ready, it will NOT even be POSSIBLE to get a mewtwo below lvl 40,,
Also, Leaf Blade was just an example to explain what the system needed for LoS,, I actually dont know what attacks they all learn and at what level!

Level 35
Lol, fair enough. Also, HFR, the actual first grass move that Bulbasaur learns is Vine Whip (really crappy move cause it has such low PP D:). Anyway, specifications aside, all the info you'll need is on Bulbapedia.

Hm... one other thing has been crossing my mind about this... what about breeding? I think that would be far too difficult to implement and kind of pointless as it will be possible to get every kind of Pokemon anyway. As for trading, the main point of trading Pokemon was to get the Pokemon you could only get in specific versions. I mean, after all, who in their right mind would want to give someone one of their most powerful Pokemon? It would be almost impossible to give it to another one of your own accounts :p. Still, what shall we do with trading? Will it go ahead?

And ppl, plz check out my Galactic Conflict thread and tell me what you think :p

Level 7
Yixx about the loading screen... I don't know when I can have it ready since I am busy with school and my own map these days... So I don't know when it's done. But then again, I gess you won't need it before the map is about 99% done, and I think that is enoth time for me to make it xD

Last edited:
Level 16
Hehe, doesnt matter ;),,
As for the Mewtwo, what does it matter? =P,, 1,2,3,4 or 36,37,38,39?
Oh, and about the leveling system,
The computers dont use abilitys, they use the triggers, but when you catch a Pokémon, it should have the ability, and not just be attached to the triggers =P
Ill find something on the triggers, (first need to find out how its done in the first place)

Level 16
Ok, why does it not show a Buff??
I tried to make an ability based off Trueshot Aura, gave it 'Type Fire' buff, and set damage factor to 0,, why does it not show?
I tried to make an ability based off Attribute Bonus, gave it 'Type fire' buff, and set stat increase to 0, why does it not show?
(Trueshot maybe cause they have no attack?)
But then, the attribute bonus, WHYY>?? =(

Level 16
Well, ill try some out,,
Something Other: thedeathunter made a fog in the game (absolutely no problem) but i dont want that fog in the PokéCenter and other buildings =P,, so, how can i make a fog in only a region?

Level 16
Guess thats the only way then,, well,, too bad,,
Oh, and i found a way to give abilitys to creeps (your way) AND attach triggers to them! >=D
I just have to set 1500 more variables for triggers (with the same arrays as the Integer and Ability you made -.-)

Level 16
I guess ill have to take a whole day off to set them,, it takes time to set them, but also to check what level, ability and trigger they need to be, also i still need to make the abilitys and triggers -.-

Level 7
Well Yixx to be honest your map seems very nice! And as Lord_of_sausage said "good maps takes time" So good luck Yixx. You can do this!!!

Level 16
xD Lol!,, thanks!
After all attacks are made and variables are set, the Demo will be very close >=D,, i think
thedeathunter: Your Terrain is Great! =D
You really did what i wanted you to do, a nice open place with some trees ( although some less trees was also ok xD)
but one thing: One tree at opening of the village just totaly blocks sight of normal camera,, now i tried removing it, but it was like: 'Noooo! Now it is ugly! >=(,, better push ctrl+z couple of times!'
But still: Great!!! >=D

Level 18
fogs can be set up by triggers.

its called " envirnment - fog effects"

this can be changed when a unit moves instantly to another area by just using that trigger. A fog of 4000x and 6000z wont be seen in the inside of a pokemon center.

when i get the map back, ill try and fix up those numerous trees. i thought it was alot of trees too.

Level 16
Yeah it can be changed, but it changes instantly, is there a way of doing it nicely? ;D, maybe a periodic trigger, but what then, slowly increate Detensity, or color, or what?

And yes, demo is coming! :D,, Lots of variables need to be set though before you can play, also lots of attacks need to be generated,,
(I think i might do the variables for attack in Jass, since it is easier to use (Rawcode) them then making order string for every attack different!

And Wazzz, why is Buff not showing up? D=<
I tried trueshot aura, Attribute bonus, and various other things!

1) Terrain
2) Generate Attacks
3) Set Attack ability/trigger/integer variables
4) Create Catch system!
5) Make potions
6) Make Gym Ready
7) Trainer Battles
8) MODELS MODELS MODELS!

Level 35
Seems strange that it wouldn't work... have you set the target units field to self? Cause that could be the problem if you got rid of all targets (though I'm not sure whether or not you did :p). Attribute bonus wouldn't show a buff (at least, I don't think so :p), but Trueshot Aura should. What ability did you base it on? I think the buff has to be respective to the ability, so that could also be the problem if that hasn't been done.

DEMO DEMO DEMO!!! HELLZ YEAH!!!

Level 16
Seems strange that it wouldn't work... have you set the target units field to self? Cause that could be the problem if you got rid of all targets (though I'm not sure whether or not you did :p). Attribute bonus wouldn't show a buff (at least, I don't think so :p), but Trueshot Aura should. What ability did you base it on? I think the buff has to be respective to the ability, so that could also be the problem if that hasn't been done.

DEMO DEMO DEMO!!! HELLZ YEAH!!!

Maybe cause The Pokémon have no attack? Ill try the movement speed bonus aura

Level 35
AH OF COURSE!!! TRUESHOT AURA ONLY EFFECTS UNITS WITH RANGED ATTACK!!! Thank god you came to that conclusion, I hadn't even begun to think of that :p. Hell, even if you set it to work for all types of attacks like Command Aura (Command Aura and Trueshot Aura are actually the same ability with different settings), it wouldn't work on a unit without an attack. Nice work there, mate! :D

Sorry I hadn't thought of that, feel as though I let you down a bit. So Trueshot Aura and Attribute Bonus are the only abilities you tried using? That's cool, cause I think Endurance Aura should work nicely :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.