• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PoisonArrow

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Licheus
And in finish simple model of poison arrow!

Updated!
Now arrow dont crash game :D

Keywords:
poison, arrow, simple
Contents

PoisonArrow (Model)

Reviews
19:41, 1st Jul 2010 General Frank: Way too simple and uninspired model. Effects look stolen.

M

19:41, 1st Jul 2010
General Frank:

Way too simple and uninspired model. Effects look stolen.

Level 28
I think arrow fly fast and you dont see more particles...

But the amount of particles have an impact on the actuall gameplay.
Let's say you have 12 units with poisonous arrows shooting simoultaniously. That's aproximately 100 particles per shot times 12 making it about 1200. For people with not so good computers this will cause lag.

I'd recommend lowering the particle count and increase the scale of the particles. Many times this will make it look more "soft" (in lack of a better description) and more natural.

Level 4
все радуешь хорошими моделями.
продолжай в том же духе!

gj, dude.
as for lags, i think this model is not for... emmm... massive use
it good for heroes\abilities

Level 10
The model looks great from the screenshot, but testing it as a missile in game gave me a fatal error just as the unit was about to fire the missile. Testing it as a model for a unit made world edit crash. Please check this. ^_^

Level 10
Nice, now it works perfectly fine. :)

I like the arrow itself. The smoke is a bit odd; it could be more liquidish if you get what I mean. Also, adding the standard fire arrow-sound would be cool, but it's not such a big deal. I'll rate it 4/5 and vote for approval; love this kind of models.