• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poison Bottle & Poison Bottle Item

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My freetime was (and still is) very short these weeks, os i decided to make a very simple model now. I just saw that we have many potion items around, so i decided to make a poison bottle with the proper stop cork. :wink: This is it: a bottle containing a vile, green poison stoppered with a skull cork.

******IMPORTANT:******

By downloading this ressource you receive 2 models which are to be used as different ones. The acutal model is the one that can be used as a decoration doodad or eventually as an attchment. The portrait file is the item version of it, NOT a real portrait.

Feel free to use them in any way you want! Have fun with them! :wink:

EDIT 1: just optimized the model in MDLVIS. I think i forgot to do that earlier.

Keywords:
poison bottle, bottle item, poison, toxine, venom, lethal potion, bottle, item, decoration
Contents

Poison Bottle & Poison Bottle Item (Model)

Poison Bottle & Poison Bottle Item (Model)

Reviews
18:16, 21st Apr 2013 Misha: You might wanna shrink both to a degree.. poison bottles aren't usually villager-arm-sized :b

M

18:16, 21st Apr 2013
Misha: You might wanna shrink both to a degree.. poison bottles aren't usually villager-arm-sized :b

Level 26
Was bored, tinkered with your model again. You should really take more time making these since I can within a span of ten minutes tweak it to what I consider to be better.

BoredomPoisonPotion_zps3b99885a.png

You added two layers to the flask and then used twosided, you don't need to do that, that's the whole purpose of the two sided option. This little tinkering takes 2 kb less than your model, because of less vertices. If you want to add volume you could just go with modulate and two sided. Dark colors usually works better with poison than light colors.

Nice item u have here! ;)
ty :ogre_hurrhurr:

Was bored, tinkered with your model again. You should really take more time making these since I can within a span of ten minutes tweak it to what I consider to be better.

BoredomPoisonPotion_zps3b99885a.png

You added two layers to the flask and then used twosided, you don't need to do that, that's the whole purpose of the two sided option. This little tinkering takes 2 kb less than your model, because of less vertices. If you want to add volume you could just go with modulate and two sided. Dark colors usually works better with poison than light colors.

A Hellish Idea!
Wow! Yeah yours looks much better in this category. I guess i should update it asasp. :wink: Thx for the creative idea(s). :ogre_hurrhurr:

Gj Uncle Fester. Minimage, you should submit yours as well :p.
Ty :ogre_haosis:

Interesting. It has abit too big filesize, but it's cool
yeah i know. I think i'm going to follow Minimage's suggestions. :wink:

Level 7
Uncle Festie I am wondering why does the file "PoisonBottle.mdx" cause the WE to crash - when I use the "PoisonBottle_Portrait.mdx" instead everything is fine!
Could you check and tell me if this occurs only to me, please?!
Try it as a base model of a unit.

Anybody else having this problem?! :O

Uncle Festie I am wondering why does the file "PoisonBottle.mdx" cause the WE to crash - when I use the "PoisonBottle_Portrait.mdx" instead everything is fine!
Could you check and tell me if this occurs only to me, please?!
Try it as a base model of a unit.

Anybody else having this problem?! :O
Not that i knew. Anyways, i optimized it again in MDLVIS and updated the ressource a few seconds ago. Just try it again. Oh, and did you set the import path correctly? Did you also import the Portrait file as PoisonBottle_portrait.mdx? You should import the portrait as PoisonBottleItem.mdx. maybe this caused the problems, as the portrait isn't supposed to be a real portrait. Anyways, it should work now. :wink:

Level 7
Well I don't have troubles with the portrait/item file but with the 'poisonbottle' one it still does the same thing... :/
What is the appropriate import path?!

- Well I did import it the way you told me and it still doesn't change a thing! If you wish I could send you the map that I use it in so you can check yourself and see if it crushes and probably why...?!

Last edited: