• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pocket Factories and Pack Spawning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Good Evening everyone, so, i have a few questions for you guys today:

1. i have a (modified) pocket factory spell, im essentially trying to make it spawn permanant units (similar to how the dark portal spell operates), how would i go about doing this, if its possible of course?

2. speaking of units; i have a certain race in my game that is ALL about mass numbers and creating absurd amounts of units, so i had a cool idea for them that their units would be trained in packs, for example if i press the button to train a murloc tiderunner i would like it so that when it comes out of the barracks a total of 6 of them are made - all moving towards the buildings rally point by default. would this be possible to do and if so could i apply it to the rest of my murloc races units?

Level 16
1.) Set the duration to 0. Pretty sure that makes the unit "last forever", or you could trigger it.

2.) Trigger the production of units.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Murloc Tiderunner
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Trained unit))
      • Set TempPoint2 = (Rally-Point of (Triggering unit) as a point)
      • Unit - Create 4 Murloc Tiderunner for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Trained unit) to Move To TempPoint2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)

Status
Not open for further replies.