• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Pocket Factory + Doodad Missle Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys.
2 more problems i came across, maybe somone can help.

I was about to make a Pocket factory spell that uses the human barracks model.
But however i try to aproach it, the model never displays as finished building, but instead it shows itself as it was a building under custruction (but in fact it is not, using different units in the spell I noticed that it is always a functioning building, just stuck in the building animation)
"Building time" makes no difference, also using a dummy unit with the barracks model does not.
Maybe this was a bit confusing, but I hope you got my point. :)

Then I was making a storm bolt ability with a doodad (Rock Variation 2) as missel art.
But then two problems occur: First the rock lingers after the impact, for about 5 sec. Even worse, it floats (it hits the target in the center, and floats there)
I tried to make a custom doodad, then a custom unit(with rock model) to change death time and stuff.
But sadly for missel art you can only choose from the models, and not the actual unit/doodad.

Maybe somone knows some answers, I wonder if there is a way, or only through triggering.

Regards, thanks in advance,
Cookie

Level 11
#1) This can be solved by making it play the Stand animation after being summoned. The building counts as a "summoned unit".

#2) Projectiles need a death animation or they'll linger like that until a timeout. As such, you'll probably want to change the projectile art to an actual projectile or a unit. There already exists the Throw Boulder ability that rock golems have, so you could use that. Or you could set it to use the rock golem model itself, which has a death animation and will disappear.

Level 2
Thanks man.
Making it play the stand animation means via trigger i guess?

Ok, i see... the doodad looks really cool though, but i understand that with no death animation it dont disapear...

Status
Not open for further replies.