1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Pocket Factory + Doodad Missle Art

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by CookieKiller92, Jul 1, 2018.

1. CookieKiller92

CookieKiller92

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi guys.
    2 more problems i came across, maybe somone can help.

I was about to make a Pocket factory spell that uses the human barracks model.
    But however i try to aproach it, the model never displays as finished building, but instead it shows itself as it was a building under custruction (but in fact it is not, using different units in the spell I noticed that it is always a functioning building, just stuck in the building animation)
    "Building time" makes no difference, also using a dummy unit with the barracks model does not.
    Maybe this was a bit confusing, but I hope you got my point. :)

Then I was making a storm bolt ability with a doodad (Rock Variation 2) as missel art.
    But then two problems occur: First the rock lingers after the impact, for about 5 sec. Even worse, it floats (it hits the target in the center, and floats there)
    I tried to make a custom doodad, then a custom unit(with rock model) to change death time and stuff.
    But sadly for missel art you can only choose from the models, and not the actual unit/doodad.

Maybe somone knows some answers, I wonder if there is a way, or only through triggering.

Regards, thanks in advance,
    Cookie

2. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    #1) This can be solved by making it play the Stand animation after being summoned. The building counts as a "summoned unit".

#2) Projectiles need a death animation or they'll linger like that until a timeout. As such, you'll probably want to change the projectile art to an actual projectile or a unit. There already exists the Throw Boulder ability that rock golems have, so you could use that. Or you could set it to use the rock golem model itself, which has a death animation and will disappear.

3. CookieKiller92

CookieKiller92

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks man.
    Making it play the stand animation means via trigger i guess?

Ok, i see... the doodad looks really cool though, but i understand that with no death animation it dont disapear...