• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

plz help me make some geosets permanent in all animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi,

I changed the weapon- and chest-attachment of the Quilboar Champion fitting to my map,
but even when functionable in the model editor, they disappear in the world editor.
I think I have to attach the new geosets to all animations, or something like that, but couldn't solve it myself.
Plz help me/explain this to me :)

thx

€dit: changing the visibility in mdlvis doesn't seem to work at least for the chest-attachments :-/

Attachments

• DerHausmeister2.mdx
    298.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Level 5
Was able to solve it...
This was a quite difficult confusing model for my first real geomerge... :rolleyes:
I had to pin the new chest-attachments to "bone_chest" and not to "chest ref", while the hand-attachment worked well with "hand right ref" :confused:

€dit: I only managed that everything works fine in mdlvis (a real progress) but still the attachments arent visible in world editor :eek:

€dit2: Ok, now I have it :rolleyes:
for others beeing in a similar situation:
despite their names, only look in the top right corner of mdlvis, there you find the sneaky "Object type - Bone" - and you want to attach your geosets only onto real bones ;)

thread could be "solved"

Attachments

• Bone.jpg
    Bone.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
you're broom and shovel dont seem to be attached to any thing, its odd, I too see them in the mesh format but during animations they do indeed seem to vanish.

whats odd is why, havent figured that out yet.

ok I figured it out, your shovel and broom where not attached to any bone at all -- so I attached them to ''Bone_Chest''

its the best bone to be honest.

any way, then I went through a bunch of animations where he seems to wield the...weapon..lol

and turned the visibility for the shovel on, and the...weapon.. on his back off...lol

so its not done yet but its close

Edit: ok I gave you your paste bin link -- you can include it in this thread for others if you want -- or keep it to your self if you'd rather upload it your self -- it was a pleasure to return to warcraft even briefly

I changed the visibility of the 3 objects the 2 brooms and the shovel by turning them on and off at various points, you can change this your self in MDLvis editor if you feel I screwed it up or any thing -- any ways I turned them all off for the end of decay I turned the weapon off for the portraits and portrait talks -- and I turned the broom on the back off during most animations except the said portraits -- I don't know what your planning for this model in the future, so really its quiet a unique object.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.