• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Please help me with this spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
how do u cast an ability afterward follow by another custom ability?anyone noes tt?my event show this

Event - A unit finishes casting an ability
Condition - (Ability being cast) Equal to Hell Spinner
Action - ????

i duno wat to put for my action...
the next spell i would carry on is the hell fire(flame strike)
btw my Hell Spinner is Impale.
i wanted to create the hell fire at the point where the player left click the point.
how do i do tt?

Level 13
Hope i don't missunderstand you. I assume you want to cast flame strike custom several seconds after the first impale.

Event:
unit starts the effect on ability

condition:
ability being cast equal to impale_custom

action:
Set target_loc = Target point of ability being cast
wait 1 second.
Create dummy unit that has flame_strike_custom ability on target_loc
order last created unit to flame strike target_loc

You must use target_loc variable to store target position on first impale, because there is a wait action. whenever you put a wait action, you can't get an event response again after that(e.g. triggering unit, target unit, target point), so you must store it on variable to be used later.

Level 1
btw leopard how do i get the omnislash(dota) in a more simplify version?i seen others very complicated...

i cant use ->

can i use tt?

Level 13
xiaowayne said:
btw leopard how do i get the omnislash(dota) in a more simplify version?i seen others very complicated...

i cant use ->

can i use tt?

NO, i think you can't, i haven't use that action actually. Just use 'starts the effect of an ability'. and wait several sec.

Complicaated spell always built by complicated code, dude :wink: Try to see Vexorian's Ice Slash, download it from wc3campaigns.com. It even give frost effect to each slashed target. But very complicated i think :p

Or just search this forum, i found the same question about 3 weeks ago.

Level 8
why not do something like
Event - A unit begins casting a spell
----
Condition - Abilty being cast equal to (Desired ability)
----
Action -
Wait (Amount of time until the animations of your ability are over)
Create 1 (Dummy Flamestrike) at (Target Point of Ability Being Cast) for (Owner of (Casting Unit))

or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.