• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Please help me with aura's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm making a Lightning aura (I have lightning strike anything within range continuously, It's gonna be an ultimate.) and I can't seem to get the lightning to strike the enemies! Can anyone help me?

Level 11
Well... the idea is to have the aura affect only the caster. And now let's have a look at the triggesr. You will need a dummy with chain lightning which affects only one unit. And now:

Event - Every 2 seconds
Conditions - Number of Units Within Playable Map Matching (((Matching Unit) has BUff AuraBuff) equal to true) greater than 0
Actions - Pick Up Every Unit within Playable Map Matching ((Matching Unit) has Buff AuraBuff) equal to true) and do actions
-> Set Light = Picked Unit
-> Pick Up Every Unit within 600 range of Light Matching ((Matching Unit) is an enemy of Owner of (Light) equal to true) and do actions
-> Create 1 Dummy at Position of Light for Owner of (Light)
-> Set 1.00 seconds expiration timer to (last Created Unit)
- Order (last created Unit) to Orc-Seer-Chain Lightning (Picked Unit)

I hope it works since the two Pick Up Every Unit might mess things up. However, I'm opitimistic about it since I got the first picked unit into a variable. It should even work multi-instance.

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Well... the idea is to have the aura affect only the caster. And now let's have a look at the triggesr. You will need a dummy with chain lightning which affects only one unit. And now:

Event - Every 2 seconds
Conditions - Number of Units Within Playable Map Matching (((Matching Unit) has BUff AuraBuff) equal to true) greater than 0
Actions - Pick Up Every Unit within Playable Map Matching ((Matching Unit) has Buff AuraBuff) equal to true) and do actions

Unfortunately this wouldn't work. because you first said to have the aura only affect the hero, I know what you were trying to say but then after you have it picking units with the buff. So make the aura affec the enemies bu have no real effect to it. Oh and instead of picking units in playable map area pick units in range of aura with the buff, I have seen buff glitches happen before and that would be unfortunate for it to happen.

Level 11
Ehehe... Actually my idea should work (I hope so). Because you pick up every hero with the ability through the first Pick Up Every Unit. Then you store that picked unit into a varaible (because the Pick Up Every Unit is a loop, nothing else). And then, you have another pick up every unit which Pick every enemy unit around the hero. Those units don't need to have the buff of the aura.

And then you just create a dummy unit for each that unit and order it to attack.

It is possible that the Picked Unit through the Pick Up Every Unit in Pick Up Every Unit (are you confused already?) to mess up and so, to get the unit around the hero confused with the hero itself. I'm not sure yet which picked unit is taken. But I am guessing that the most inner one and that is why, I actually stored the heroes one by one into the variable. Hope you got it this time!

~Daelin

Level 7
Mwahaha, I am so confused by what you just said. Suffice it to say that you could just make it pick a random unit and zap it. I made a spell of that type for the map I'm working on currently, it works well and I didn't need complicated triggers, just a few simple ones combined

Level 2
well you could just use pick every unit owned by an enemy player in range <xxx.xxx> of <your unit> and do.... .I think its the simplyest way to do. It works and isnt confusing^^

Level 11
Use the Permanent Immolation if you want it to cost no mana and be passive. If you just want it to cost no mana but be like immolation, change Immolation's stats in the Object Editor so that it has no mana cost for both casting the spell and the fuelling part which drains mana constantly.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.