• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Spell help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I just made my first spell and i want to know things i could do to improve it before i submit it to spell section. Also, i would like to know if there is any other spell extremely similar to it. You can also post any ideas, criticism or suggestions
*i got the idea from looking at the Tranquility icon
Spell- Thor's Wrath
Description- Thor Summons a lightning storm upon his enemies that unleashes waves of lightning dealing damage for 50 seconds
Level 1- 75 damage per lightning strike
Level 2- 150 damage per lightning strike
Level 3- 225 damage per lightning strike
**spell is attached to this post

Attachments

• ThorsWrath.w3x
    29.5 KB · Views: 93
Level 28
I like the spell, I don't think I've seen it somewhere else...
You should make it MUI (only 1 unit can cast it at the same time atm).
For the rest: the description and terrain could be improved (it will look better).

Leakless, it works (for 1 unit), I wouldn't know how to improve the special effects (maybe add a little special effect on impact, but it isn't necessary), good job for your first spell.

Level 9
You should make it MUI (only 1 unit can cast it at the same time atm).

How do i make it MUI?

Also, i have i problem, in my unit groups they keep selecting corpses. But when i try using the condition Unit is Alive equal to True it doesnt work and Also real life of triggering unit is greater than or equal to 1 but for some reason the dummy units wont cast their spell on anything.

Level 28
Since I'm rather lazy and explaining it myself would take too long, here a tutorial: MUI Spellmaking Tutorial.

About the dead units:
Try "((Triggering unit) has buff Death And Decay (Effect)) Equal to True"
and: "((Triggering unit) has buff Hero Dissipate (Effect)) Equal to True"
Use them in an "Or multiple conditions" of course.

(Note that these conditions are just tests, I have no idea whether they work or not, I've never used them like this before).

Level 9
Since I'm rather lazy and explaining it myself would take too long, here a tutorial: MUI Spellmaking Tutorial.

The only way i see i can make it MUI since i do not know any JASS execpt for removing leaks is make all the units spawn at once, which would kind of defeat the purpose of this spell. I read up on it and it said you cannot have an MUI spell with waits.
Also, i would like to know if you think this spell is worthy of approval in spell section.
Thanks,
noob134

Level 28
Not mui, but make it MPI by using arrays. Also, the IsUnitDead() works just fine in a few of my triggers, dunno what's going on. (didn't dl or see, no WC3 in my netbook)

As far as I know, it's already MPI :s (he used the array "player number", so there wouldn't be a problem there).

I'm not really up-to-date with the spells in the spell section, but I think it has a real chance to get approved if you get everything to work.
MPI should be enough, yeah... it's still a good spell for RPG's, hero arena's and other maps where you only have 1 unit (hero).

Level 4
:

Status
Not open for further replies.