• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Lightning Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
can someone explain to me or show me how i can make an aura that chain lightning's nearby enemies? thanks alot :thumbs_up:

Level 3
hmm.. i just tried to do it.. and i failed. this is what i had
Passive Lightning
Events
Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Lightning Aura
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Lightning dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Random unit from (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))))
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

and i doubt it did it right. :\

Level 29
(Ability being cast) Equal to Lightning Aura - what ability got casted ?
Think in a rational way o0

Also, no need to damage the area.

Here's a more specific guide line:

• Create a group of all the units of the map that have the ability
• Create a loop that will run based on the group size
• Pick one random unit from the group
• Create the dummy on the picked unit location and order to cast (don't forget to add a expiration timer)
• Remove the picked unit from the group.
• Destroy the group with this custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_GROUPNAME )

Also remove the points each time or your map will lag pretty fast if you have a few units with the aura.
If you do not know what im talking about, read this.

Level 29
I hope you managed to make it in the meantime but here is the exact trigger.

Variables Used:

Group - Unit Group variable.
GroupTwo - Unit Group variable.
Point - Point variable.

• Lighting Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Lightning Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of units in Group), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from Group) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from Group
              • Set Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Set GroupTwo = (Units within 512.00 of Point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True))
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Random unit from GroupTwo)
              • Unit Group - Remove all units from GroupTwo
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_Group )
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_GroupTwo )

Status
Not open for further replies.