• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

chance on hit ability item effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey, i made a item similar to Thunderfury
"Chance on hit: Blasts your enemy with lightning, dealing 300 Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Each jump reduces that victim's Nature resistance by 25. Affects 5 targets. Your primary target is also consumed by a cyclone, slowing its attack speed by 20% for 12 sec."

I just made the part where you have 20% chance to hurl a chain lightning but can anyone help me with the cyclone part.

Im not sure how to get the unit slowed after the chain lightning hits the target

Thanks!

Level 3
can you show me this trigger, im a total trigger noob.

would be sick thanks

Level 24
Meh, will work on it. It may not even work. It would go something like this. Also random pandaria included. This trig leaks and stuff so see about that but i think that the general idea is sound. If you have issues with this I can make the actual skill (I'll make it a different way probabbly).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Level 3
yeah my weakness is triggers, i have a hard time finding the ones even if i see yours it may take a while, i want something like you have a 20% chance to cast a chain lightning and when the chain lightning hits the primary target, it gets a cyclone debuff slowing attakc speed by 20%

Level 3
can you help me make one that matches the one i want and send me a map file with the trigger on it you will be credited

Level 24
. . .

You can't +rep but sure I will help you.

WIll upload trigger soon (not map)

• Your Skill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Attacking unit) in slot 1)) Equal to Your Item
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Attacking unit) in slot 2)) Equal to Your Item
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Attacking unit) in slot 3)) Equal to Your Item
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Attacking unit) in slot 4)) Equal to Your Item
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Attacking unit) in slot 5)) Equal to Your Item
          • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Attacking unit) in slot 6)) Equal to Your Item
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Set RandomNumber = (Random real number between 0.00 and 10.00)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • RandomNumber Greater than or equal to 8.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Attacked unit)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
Oops, wrong thing.

DO the same thing for cyclone. Just make the dummy cast Tornado as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.