• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A spell I have in mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am trying to make a 100% custom hero and I came up with 4 spells, however, I am having trouble getting two things to work.

1) Chain effects on spells
1 Details: I want to give an immolation buff to a target for a certain amount of time, and I got that down! However, I want it to be a chain effect and I can't seem to get the spell to chain, yes, I did use chain lightning, and then healing wave as my base and still can't work it!

2) Aura effects on spells
2 Details: I want to have an aura that gives nearby friendly units reincarnation, and I am completely lost on this one, I just can't seem to get the buff on them.

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Level 1
I'm really not that all GUI-Savvy so a more detailed explanation would be cool.

And yes, I want all units that get hit with the chain immolation to get the spell.

Level 22
1) thats hard, cuz with GUI the comp only detects the first target. u must make a custom chain effet with dummys that attack a creep, and when the unit gets hits make a ssecond dummy that attacks a next unit (random unit within XX range of the dummy)

2)
Events: unit dies
Conditions: (unit within range) dying unit is within XXX range of the unit with the aura
Actions: create ankh effect
wait 2-3 sec
revive unit

Level 22
u just create a dummy that can attack, then set the attacked unit (by the dfummy) to a variable (unit var) then if that unit gets hit, create a unit at that position and order the dummy to atack another unit etc, now u can make a triggered chain spell, and u can add any effect to the attacked units

Status
Not open for further replies.