1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Results have come out of the old ARENA oven. Check out who won the 30th Texturing Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A spell I have in mind...

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Raelos, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Raelos

Raelos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am trying to make a 100% custom hero and I came up with 4 spells, however, I am having trouble getting two things to work.

1) Chain effects on spells
    1 Details: I want to give an immolation buff to a target for a certain amount of time, and I got that down! However, I want it to be a chain effect and I can't seem to get the spell to chain, yes, I did use chain lightning, and then healing wave as my base and still can't work it!

2) Aura effects on spells
    2 Details: I want to have an aura that gives nearby friendly units reincarnation, and I am completely lost on this one, I just can't seem to get the buff on them.

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1) i dont understand, u want all targets that get hit by the chain get immolation or sumthing??

2) if a unit dies withing XXXX range of the caster (or unit wiuth the aura) then create the reincarnation effects and revive after 2 sec

3. Raelos

Raelos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm really not that all GUI-Savvy so a more detailed explanation would be cool.

And yes, I want all units that get hit with the chain immolation to get the spell.

4. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1) thats hard, cuz with GUI the comp only detects the first target. u must make a custom chain effet with dummys that attack a creep, and when the unit gets hits make a ssecond dummy that attacks a next unit (random unit within XX range of the dummy)

2)
    Events: unit dies
    Conditions: (unit within range) dying unit is within XXX range of the unit with the aura
    Actions: create ankh effect
    wait 2-3 sec
    revive unit

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf

Resources:
    Resources:
    that chain immolation sense dosent make sense
    im totally lost by it
    :?

6. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    u just create a dummy that can attack, then set the attacked unit (by the dfummy) to a variable (unit var) then if that unit gets hit, create a unit at that position and order the dummy to atack another unit etc, now u can make a triggered chain spell, and u can add any effect to the attacked units