• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing with new WE assets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, it's been a while.
I downloaded wc3 reforged yesterday and was interested to see new models and even played some melee games.
I'm disappointed to see no native support for Jass :(

Anyway, after so many years, I have played with few new models and created attached screenshot in like 30 min max. There is no lightning, angle could be better, perspective and scale broken, also I didn't even check all the resources there are, so I improvised here and there, but I still like the final result. What you say? Can reforged be good game once again? Looking forward to the release day.

22.11.2019.png

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It has been a while indeed :)

Frankly, you did great with what you had available. I don't love it, but it ain't awful. It's actually a good Reforged screenshot, given what we've seen so far. Perhaps the game actually looks good from that perspective, just not from top-down angle.

Just a question, what are those darker spots in the water? Doodads? Or is it like that by default?

It's water by default, water is now really cool by my opinion.

I have been playing a little with units and standard WE because I can't make it work with any JASS tools like WEX or JNGP, but somewhere I have read that the guy who made those (was updating some or whatever) is actually working for Blizz and will add that into native WE. I don't need fancy stuff, just jass compiler and syntax highlighter/auto-completer.

Honestly gameplay is still wc3 like, but somehow it doesn't feel fluid. Unit movement is not even close to that of SC2 for example, and I don't like how units try to stand in some formation or whatever even when you disable that. It's mess, and whole game looks "laggy". Animations and models are super nice and cool but whole feel is robotic because animations are not synchronized.

We will see how will all end up.

Level 8
The only good thing on the screenshot is the new models.
It's pretty obvious, that you spend like 30 min on it, as you said.
But I'm kinda glad to see, that people are back and started to create something.
Can't wait until they will share stable WE with the all owners of Reforged.

Level 36
Kinda have to agree with Nan0 and Rui a little bit, it's mostly the new doodads doing the work here, and it's apparent you didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. But it's nice to see people returning for reforged and trying their hand at terraining, and I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on those new assets, every time I see a video or terrain with them, my mind starts racing with ideas for what I can do with them.

It's very close-up, I think zooming the camera out, getting the full windmill into the shot and making it the center-piece of the terrain, adding some hills in the background, tree variation and maybe expanding the city a little bit would make this piece a lot greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.