• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable Terrain - Wanting Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Azbari_Wilderness2.jpg

Azbari_Wilderness13.jpg

Azbari_Wilderness5.jpg

Azbari_Wilderness32.jpg

The_Badlands1.jpg

The_Slayer.jpg

The_Mageblade.jpg

The terrain before you in playable.

Update: Crimscarr Stronghold was removed, for now, and new screenshots of a revamp of the Azbari Wilderness. Please comment! =D

Last edited:
Level 9
I would suggest to remove the lightrays from the dgungle-pics, cause they just don't fit.
The rest of the dgungle is pretty well made.

You should also do sth with the cliffs at your stronghold pics. just hide them with walls/doodas, cause it looks kinda strange this way.

Level 13
Remove lightrays, they ruin good feeling.
Jungle is pretty well made, i can't say anything else from these pics than they look pretty messy.

In strong hold, add tile varitation, because it looks pretty plain atm. Also it's flat.
Then you should really add something special there. Because there is only moria doodads. And try to change those Moria doorway doodads to something, they just doesn't fit.

Level 17
Crimscarr is flat due to the fact that it is man-made (or in this case, orc-made). I just have to cover up the cliffs.

Thank you all for your feedback, I will be updating soon. ^.^

Level 23
Three things I would like to say:

1. They look interesting and well done, and I only have to things to mention;-):
2. Overall especially the second pic looks a little messy and spammed! Don't know why, maybe it's just my personal feeling!
3. Try adding some plants or shrubs to the bases of the ruins, especially in pic 3, I think this would really improve it!

Level 4
Three things I would like to say:
Try adding some plants or shrubs to the bases of the ruins, especially in pic 3, I think this would really improve it!
ya I was gonna tell u that too also in pic 3 in the down right corner you can see the stone little floating

Level 23
Yes, I like them much more right now, some people might say this is a little spammed but I think this fits to your terrain and gives it an individual look, so nevermind;-)

If you don't like it you could change it with not using so many different shrubs but mainly the sunken ruins normal shrub and not so many different other plants, but If i were you, I would keep it like you did, so it differs a little from other terrains!

+rep for the improvement!

EDIT: strange: I'm not able to give any rep at the moment, I can click on the button, but nothign happens, so plz remind me to do it later!

Status
Not open for further replies.