• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable terrain thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well meh, it was a while since I uploaded something. This is really nothing special but there's something that I find charming about it. I'm guessing it's just me.

It's supposed to be a swamp/jungle like terrain.

Attachments

• Swamp thingy.jpg
    Swamp thingy.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 1,711
Level 28
It is really nice for a playable terrain, a bit over average in my opinion, but I will give you some suggestions that I believe that are really going to improve it:

1. I can notice some overuse of grass tiles, you should spread some dirt tiles, they'll give a more natural feeling to it. Real life jungles don't have grass on floor, they have dirt and fallen leaves! [useful links >> Tile Use Example1/Tile Use Example2]
I learned that trick from Void, and it really helped!
2. The paved path is too linear, there should be even more destroyed spots, to make it look less correct, and add some wreckage feeling. [useful example >> Void's Terrain]
3. Some shrubs are too spread, they should be more clustered.

Well, that is only some tips I felt like giving to you, but the terrain is okay.
Keep terraining! :D

Level 14
It is really nice for a playable terrain, a bit over average in my opinion, but I will give you some suggestions that I believe that are really going to improve it:

1. I can notice some overuse of grass tiles, you should spread some dirt tiles, they'll give a more natural feeling to it. Real life jungles don't have grass on floor, they have dirt and fallen leaves! [useful links >> Tile Use Example1/Tile Use Example2]
I learned that trick from Void, and it really helped!
2. The paved path is too linear, there should be even more destroyed spots, to make it look less correct, and add some wreckage feeling. [useful example >> Void's Terrain]
3. Some shrubs are too spread, they should be more clustered.

Well, that is only some tips I felt like giving to you, but the terrain is okay.
Keep terraining! :D

Thanks! I'll look in to it (just running a bit low on tiles :S). The hand terrain is really something special

Needs moar ruins stuff

Hmm, alright I'll see if I can add some.

Level 14
Looks fine to me! Btw, isn't the entrance to the temple a bit tiny? I know, it's the model's fault, not you.
pandasmile.png

well yeah I also thought that so I came up with the poor excuse "it was not built by human but by a smaller race".

Make some pillars, ruined archways to stand by the road or something.

Well, I had fixed this but then I lost the file and had to redo the things I fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.