• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable Dungeon Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi! I'm trying to make a dungeon based on defeating Lich King in Icecrown Citadel. Here is some pictures over the areas I have made so far:
Brigde.png

Faceless One.png

Frozen Waste.png

Poison Stuff.png

Rimefang.png

I am myself a bit worried over the amount of fog used, and should I place more doodads instead? What do you think? :)

Level 23
Since this is a playable terrain, you have to show us all the screens from an ingame angle to judge.

From what I can tell so far the fog seems to be fine, its only worth worrying about if its obscuring major gameplay details.

Then again I have no idea what the ingame angle looks like relative to these screens.

Level 6
Looking pretty awesome so far.
Although I would highly suggest not using blizzard cliffs at all with this kind of terrain.

As far as I can see, he has only used Blizzard Cliffs for man-made walls and stuff, which they are alot more fitting for. The raise/lower Cliffs Work great for natural terrain, but Blizzard Cliffs are (in my eyes) more fitting for Castle/citadel environments. Unless of course you somehow want to use doodads for walls.

Level 36
Surprisingly, I kind of agree with Battlehound here, the blizzard cliffs look just at home.
- And that coming from one of the biggest blizzard cliff haters means something :p

My initial thought when looking this terrain over was "this is quite nice" though sadly, my opinion haven't changed,
sad for me to not have much to pick at. If anything, I'd like to see more details and smaller doodad clusters instead
of so spread, but I reckon that might skewer the gameplay, I don't know much about playable terrains.
- Keep us posted!

Level 36
I have taken some new screenshots of what I have made so far - with ingame camara view! ;)
View attachment 129234
View attachment 129235
View attachment 129236
The destroyed gate area is mostly for a cinematic, therefore it is so clumsy!
View attachment 129233

Love the way the ice looks in the first pic, I don't know if you actually did something special about it, but it looks fucking amazing. The second picture is kind of meh, could use a little more creativity and the Wrathgate should be entirely ditched and remade, I mean, come on, you can be more creative than simply ripping the WoW wrathgate and using that? MAKE YOUR OWN.
- The fourth... Well, if it's for a cinematic :p

I have made a new part of the dungeon. It takes place in Azjol-Nerub (Note: haven't placed any units yet). I hope you like it, and feedback is very appreciated! :)
View attachment 129309
View attachment 129310
View attachment 129311
View attachment 129312

<3

Level 23
The second picture is kind of meh, could use a little more creativity and the Wrathgate should be entirely ditched and remade, I mean, come on, you can be more creative than simply ripping the WoW wrathgate and using that? MAKE YOUR OWN.

I agree, a huge doodad construction would fit better and showcase your personal ability much more.

Level 7
Thanks for the feedback, guys! Yeah, about the ice: I placed a fog-model on top of a blue glow model to give it that chill-effect.

I have now placed more doodads in the purple area now:
The Obsidian Sanctum.png
What do you think?

btw, this is how the whole Wrathgate-area looks:
Wrathgate.png
I just think it looks more awesome with a high-textured model there.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.