• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Icecrown Citadel - what do you think? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey there!
I'm making a new map (a dungeon), where you have to defeat Lich King.
It's all with custom ideas, heroes and encounters because the WoW-version was too hard to make..

I have taken some screenshots of the dungeon that I have made to far:

The gate-keeper at the entrance:
Levon Encounter.png

Second boss:
Halls of Trial.png

Well, yeah:
Well Yeah.png

The Overlook:
The Overlook.png

And the diseased fountain:
Diseased Fountain.png

And here is some pictures of Azjol-Nerub which isn't done (!):
Azjol-Nerub.png
Azjol-Nerub2.png
Entrance to Anub'arak.png

What do you think? is it too clumsy or too many doodads perhaps? :)

Last edited:
Hmm
Well, hmm playable terrains. The use of cliffs is bearable for now (couldn't understand the reason behind using Blizz cliffs). At least you masked them partially.
1. The gate-keeper at the entrance:
You could put a lil' more corpses and skulls around. You could tint down those skulls either redder or blue-ish. Some mist could be good to add too.
2. Second boss:
That again!
You could tint down those skulls either redder or blue-ish.
More corpses and impaled bodies around you have to add to give it a grim-er look.
It would be wise to import some custom models for a more frozen look.
3. Well, yeah:
Same as nr. 2.
4. The Overlook:
Corpses and some skulls with the tint I've said before. Also you must tint those cliff rocks a lil' bit bluer, right now they stick out too much. For a wilder look you could add some thorny vines at the path's edges.
5. And the diseased fountain:
It's too empty right now! It needs more diseased plant life around and some fallen debris like broken bits of wall structure.
The Azhol Nerub area could be improved by looking at what I've pointed out above.

Last edited:
Level 7
Thank you for the feedback! I love adwicement on how to improve terraining :)
The Overlook and Diseased Fountain have a more wicked growt of thorns and corrupted plants now, and I have placed more rubbles and other doodads to hide the horrible blizzard walls >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.