• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Play GLstand animation through triggers/actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to play this animation that a speciic destructable unit has ... the animation is good for casting animation and I want when an event is launched, the structure to play that glStand animation. I've tried using Actor Message to Unit trigger, setting Play Animation, adding new name glStand, playing the animation through trigger selecting G L Stand but there is no way any of that to have worked, I can't make it play this animation.

I know it means global loop but how do I do it? I tested with using actor events which is the same, can\t make this animation played ever, the structure is Holding Pen (castanar). I want to make the model play it at specific event..

Level 3
I want it through triggers but didn't work even with actor events. There are these non-standard animations such as Spectre's vest gp up and down using a special code added in the field Target ::portraitGameSelf but I am not sure if such have to be added for the animation I need with the holding pen.

The animation name in the model is GLstand, I've tried actor event for preview

Actor Creation
Timer Set 1

Timer Expires
TimerName 1
Anim Play

Has the animation worked for you?

Name: created new animation name GLstand and added it to the list, selected it, Flags - Play forever, still the animation does not happen

Since there is no way to make this work, and in 3ds max I get an error after changing the Animation Names from GLstand to e.g Work and when trying to export to M3... I will rather use some special effect instead of this barely different GLstand which is almost like stand... and no more headache with that.

Last edited:
Level 3
I've mentioned twice the model name it is Holding Pen Castanar, but I've talked to others as well, this just doesnt work. And frankly, why would I waste time to get an animation that is the same as Stand, only has some sparks showing. I wanted to make a Work Animation but I'd rather use effect and will make smth more spectacular than this animation.

Though I've seen people also trying to make the Maraud kill squad to shoot from 2 hands that also is with some GL animation and someone would need this more than me, though there is no fix for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.