• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Planet of The Orcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey my name is blackrockorc. Im really new to map making, and this will be my second map. Its called planet of the orcs.

Players will start as trolls, basically captured by orc overlords. Brought to orc city. I plan to make several modes. one will b like metal gear solid. when spotted exclmation marks will go ovr the orcs heads. n they will swarm to tht area. The other mode will b a pure survival. There will be hella waves of units.
All trolls start unarmored but as they find items they will use them, and they may even ride animals such as raptors n boars.

The map is sorta like the orc version of NewYork city, im still terraining atm, ive done Times square(Timescubed) and Centeral Park(focal park) and now imma doing a zoo. its really layd out nice. If some1 can tell me how to post screenshots i will.

And im looking for some1 who can trigger all tht extra stuff like having barracades as items and making the troll change into the item he pickd up.

SCREEN SHOTS HERE
http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...view=slideshow

Last edited:
Level 15
open it with paint => save as => choose whaever foramt you want

dont wanna sound rude, but i'd recommend u to find ur windows manual or smth... :p

Level 12
Since your a new mapper, you really shouldn't think big, because it likely won't get finished. What you want to do is start small, and eventually work your way up, plan over time, don't expect high expectations. We see projects all the time from newbies and decent mappers who have high expectations and plan on having all this stuff, yet they get 1/5 of it done and give it because of lack of early popularity, and or you get bored and want to move onto something else.

However, good luck. This won't be easy

Level 8
Pun i thought u only posted on pollama lol.

But ya this is my second map, and yes im a determined kid the first one i did i only realeased probably days ago on tft. its charred lands. basically a tft version of ba n yes i worked my ass of to make those spawn triggers triggers and with the help of shocker and his weather triggers we got the job done. This map wont b as difficult.

Imma post Screenshots soon

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss211/Blackrockorc/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited:
Level 12
So far its not bad, terrain could use some major improvement. But skill takes time. Lot of concepts look good, I'm not seeing much of way out there schemes. Besides the brick walls lol. With a lot of work, effort and time, this could be a good map. Where is this suppose to be located on Draenor? I mean from the looks of it, its after the second war, which before they even left Draenor, most of the planet was dead and such. Only 1 area was really untouched(nagrand) and the other(terroker forest) With a lot of mutations and such. Where exactly does this take place at? After all, neither of there fortress were in any of these 2, unless this is just a map, and not suppose to really fit in with the lore, let alone the actual locations.

I am everywhere, punwisp is my name, I made it, im only one who has it lol

Level 8
If i showed u it now ud like it more. its basically a nyc orcish tho. im trying to have a city area a seperate island, and the forest located behind the city. bot all trolls will start in the city. i wanna have 3 modes.

Pure Survival: Troll must survive like waves of orcs til they can b saved or waterver it is the objective is.

Metal Gear solid mode: Basically stealthy objectives. and if spotted units will get tht exclamation point over there head and grunts will swarm to tht area.

Unknown last mode: but im sure ill get a good idea.

think of survival mode as a zombie survival just with trolls and orcs. imma remove pinging so it will b harder to find each other. communication will b needed. and no shared vision.

Pun come on us east and ill b glad to show u

Status
Not open for further replies.