• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Plague Of Fear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Hive!

For quite a while now I've been working on a zombie map. It's called the Plague Of Fear!

as you may have noticed, I a very new member to the Hive and not very good at mapping. However, i have put alot of effort into this map and would appreciate some feedback and advice.

I am well aware that I have probably made alot of wierd and frankly illogical errors. For example, recently i seem to have broken the system that spawns a zombie when a citizen dies. How, I have no idea.

So, If people could post some constructive criticism and ideas I would really really appreciate it.

Also, you will notice I have used models that are hosted by the Hive. I take no credit for them, I didnt make them and in the proper release of this map (which will hopefully happen one day) I will fully credit them for their awesome work.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Plague of Fear (Beta).w3x
    945.7 KB · Views: 54
Level 1
Yes that is Okay

And if you misplace some thread do not worry. Thread misplacing is not serious.

EDIT:
I played the map a little.
>Place some description at the place where i choose the maps inside the game
>Some in-game info would be better like in the quest menu
>Airstrike destroys our team members too
>There should be some way to find out the riot police. There were many in the beginning & i was just trying to find out where they are to make sure the zombies do not advance much in the beginning.
>i have some villagers near my base under my control but i don't know what to do
>what are the sewers there for?
>What is the difference between the small & medium zombie? Do they get stronger as the time progresses?
>Just thinking why the name is "Plague of Fear"?
>It is always good for a map to have a little storyline in it.

Level 3
Thanks for your reply:

> I have been launching it from the World Editor so far, so I haven't really though about that.

> Yeah I will put that in.

> I'm not sure wether it should team kill or not, it's more realistic the way it is now.

> Yeah, I thinking of reoganizing them into little minibases with some defenses. Mabye about 4 bases in the whole map.

> Thats a bug, they should be on player 2s team.

> The sewers should occasionally spawn some zombies. This effect is more prounounced on Easy, and doesn't really have any effect on Medium or Hard.

> Medium Zombies are stronger than Basic Zombies.

> No Idea. It's a working title.

> I was thinking of doing a small prequel cinematic to explain whats happening.

Thanks for your post! I don't want to sound greedy or anything but could you please take a look at the triggers etc.? It's just that I think I've broken the system that spawns a zombie when a citizen dies, and it's really annoying me that I don't know why it isn't happening.

Thanks again,
Sondar.

Level 1
I don't want to sound greedy or anything but could you please take a look at the triggers etc.?
I am no good at triggers but if you are willing to let other people help you in making the map then make a thread in
Project Recruitment - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
If you made a thread in the world editor help zone then you should wait for the trigger problem to be answered.
Having a partner will help you improving this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.