• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pirates of the Sea v3.32 EN

Th' general idea o' th' game be somewhat like th' space commander. Ye can be a pirate or a cap'n. Both have different but many roles each!
Pumpin' bilge water, firin' and reloadin' th' cannons, defendin' the deck, repairin' the hull, fishin', treasure huntin', navigatin' the ship, outlookin' for sea thingies and even more thingies.
But th' most important role is th' role playin' one. I did me best and all th' possible to let ye be a pirate! Doin' anything a real pirate would have done!
Ye can even go to th' bar, drink grog until ye be seeing two headed scurvy fishies, start a fight or two and get all th' bitchies ye can!

So ye might decide whetever ye are a pirate or not! Fair winds bucko!

I'd really love and appreciate if ye could help me wit' any support ye can. From reportin' bugs, to lettin' me know of any leak, sharing me ideas you get or even piratish words I missed! Anything helps! So thanks before hand!

Full changelog at potsland.blogspot.com
Happy 19th Septembarrrrr!!!

Huge thanks to everyone who made its contribution to the map!

Triggering:
KaiserG, onisaiyan808, Dangerb0y, Happy-i-am

Models and Textures:
Kitabatake, Mechanical Man, Cavman, General_Frank, Mr.Goblin, Olofmoleman, Game_Slave, Bjorn.Ironsides, inhuman89, 67chrome, Pyritie, Aquis, Ket, oGre_, Hexus, Revilo, Fingolfin, AlienAtSystem, Tr!KzZ, HappyTauren, Kuhneghetz

Other Help:
Nhaz'Ul, [pAIN], [-LTD-]Ginji, LOAP-EL-SANTO

and the hive for its great support.
If you contributed and you are not in this list please let me know.

Keywords:
pirate, avast, ship, navigation, sea, seas, seven, rum, ahoy, yo-ho-ho, role playing, role, arr, ye, yer, matey, 19th september.
Contents

Pirates of the Sea v3.32 EN (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/15 17:13:07 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [tr]Not Rated Rules
Level 3
Just like to say me and my friends played this game for HOURS upon end in version v3.3 but ended up having to stop for multiple reasons, probably because all 6 of us couldn't find the blacksmith no matter how much we combed the initial island, also because of all the bugs you fixed!

For example, sometimes we'd be sitting on an island peacefully fishing and then the boat would drift a TINY BIT too far away for us to hop on.

As a little suggestion, do you think it would be possible to allow swimming? Probably not in the high seas because... that would just be silly, but perhaps the ability to swim a little way out? I'm sure there's a way to differentiate between the unit types of pirate and boat and then do it that way.

I did notice one more bug though, whenever someone in our game got into the cannon their game lagged out for about 5 minutes unless we saved the game, but didn't quit. Just the act of saving the game seemed to clear the weird 5 minute lag, has this been fixed?

All in all, want to rate this game 4.5 out of 5! We all had tonnes of fun, and I wish there were more games like this on Warcraft 3.

Thanks bro

Level 6
For example, sometimes we'd be sitting on an island peacefully fishing and then the boat would drift a TINY BIT too far away for us to hop on.
Have you tried selecting the ship and using the "-board" command? That skill has much more range than the Attack action. Just make sure to be selecting the ship.

Level 1
Have you tried selecting the ship and using the "-board" command? That skill has much more range than the Attack action. Just make sure to be selecting the ship.

I was referring to "version v3.3", this was before the -board fix, it's less of a problem now. :)

A friend of mine had an idea of an "anchor", because a couple of times he's accidentally left the ship going at a minute amount of speed which seems to just let the ship drift away slowly whilst we conduct business and the boat just floats out to see. So an anchor would make sure that even if the boat was rammed by something, it would either not move very far at all, or it just wouldn't move when hit.

Alternatively, I doubt back in the days of these style ships people would beach their giant pirate ship on a beach to get off, rather hop into the little row-boats and row to the island, so perhaps a system like that could be implemented? Only issue here is the pirates and British roaming the seas would make the boat more susceptible to damage. But I guess its a choice the player can make.

So in summary:

-anchors
-row-boats that can be used to enter-exit boats still in the sea, but with far reduced move speed. (Single person vehicles I'd imagine, perhaps 2 or 3 if its not too complex)

Level 3
the cam locked when u on island is unfriendly for us to find shop

especially in town without hint.

Perhaps a World of Warcraft style ask a guard for where the shops are? Approach a guard, maybe type a command or have an ability "Interact" which you use to interact with pretty much everything, and then a menu pops up asking where you'd like to go, you click on the thing that you want and it sets a ping.

There is an issue I have only just remembered with the map, it never seems to be in synch with where stuff actually is. It's around... 6 ship lengths out of synch if I had to put a number up. I wonder if that's a problem with resolution settings?

Level 5
You seem like you are demanding that he fixes it.
Well obviously, he needs to fix it, i am also experiancing Hard Core Delay, my friends and i could not play it, it mostly happens when the ship is in combat or it got hit by cannons and sometimes it happens randomly.

I actually like this map very much (it reminds me of Space Rouges), we tried to play this map despite the extreme delay and it was impossible. It would be awesome if you could let players choose a ship or atleast change the appearance of the ship. maybe more weapons, more islands and more factions but it's fine if you don't. Fixing the delay problem would be enough.

Level 3
Pretty good map, loading also is not that long for such map size
anyway, bugs (i put in spoiler so people will not accidentally read and exploit)
You can pillage rats in ship, and yes you will get gold/random item
Anyone entering the cannon, and everyone delay for 5 secs (lasts ~10 minutes)
You can cast fish to rats too, but no fish

Level 1
Absolutely Awesome. Definitely brings the Pirate flavor. Only thing that bothered me throughout play was the camera distance to the Ship while in navigation.

5/5

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Would be nice for Pillage to have a hotkey (in the description too).
It's a pain to send signals with the camera being locked and also it's hard to see what's going on with it stuck on the hero.
The minimap is flawed in that where water is, the minimap shows land in places.

Level 1
Who can tell me
where the fucking Jormak!!!!!
Is there any update in the 3.33 version of "epicwar"?

Is the Kraken project of IDh012 available?
And the damn mission error-crashes and delays