1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pikeman's Ridge

Submitted by Cigaro
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
First and foremost, this is an experiment with levels and ramps. In the gallery, you will find one picture that gives an overview of what's upper and lower level (there's only two levels). Starting positions and first expansion are in the lower area, separated by the plateau. I've tried to put the ramps not too close to the bases so an attacker won't have too much of an advantage in a siege.

Also, this map might need a few more decorative doodads, but I figured that it looks nice enough to be tested and then we'll see.

Opinions are particularly welcome on these issues:

- Map name
- Creep camp design in the corners, where the U-opening looks away from the center
- Plateaus in general. I could cut off any of the "arms" with the secondary gold mines or Goblin Labs
- Merc Camps could be moved to the big ogre camps
- Is the center around the tavern too narrow?
- Creep composition

=== CHANGELOG ===

v01
- uploaded map

v02
- Turned the U-shaped creep camps in the corners around
- Shrunk the map to 108x92, making it more equal to existing popular maps
- Made the area around the tavern a little wider
- Added some cliffs to the large forest areas
- Added a few more doodads

v03
- renamed map to "Pikeman's Ridge", a place from the WoW universe, cause it looks somewhat similar
- increased top and bottom gold mines gold from 12500 to 15000
- set the majority of gold mine creep camps from "normal" to "camp"
- changed viewing direction of a creep
- fixed one red camp from dropping a lvl 4 item to dropping a lvl 5 item
- swapped creeps of the green camp at position 2500x500 (level composition stayed the same)
Contents

Pikeman's Ridge v03 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Ok, given that we already talked about this map on discord, there are only a few additonal comments: -At the southwest merc camp, an lvl 2 creeps is looking the wrong way. -One of the red camps drops a lvl 4 item, but the other camp drops a lvl 5...
  1. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, given that we already talked about this map on discord, there are only a few additonal comments:
    -At the southwest merc camp, an lvl 2 creeps is looking the wrong way.
    -One of the red camps drops a lvl 4 item, but the other camp drops a lvl 5 item.
    -Relative lack of medium armor creeps at green camps. Orcs and humans will not creep as fast as they normally would.
    -Layout is good and map looks like melee maps are expected to look.

I trust you will fix the itemdrop. So map approved in advance.

2. Cigaro

Cigaro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the hint! That item drop was a nasty overlook. Anyway, I've also swapped one creep camp.

I've renamed the map to Pikeman's Ridge. It was the only ridge from a warcraft place I could find that looks snowy but not like a SUPER MEGA ICE WORLD.

3. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Throwing my thoughts out.

Attached Files: