• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] "P.R.S. Tournament Map" Still in progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
"P.R.S. Tournament Map"

Still in progress....

Attachments

• 46775.jpg
    46775.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 54
Level 3
We should start the terrain in gridded paper.
Gridpaper sq = 2x2 sq in WE
It's what me and my friends do for planning terrains, doodads, buildings and stuffs in all game makers (fps, 2d rpg, WE, etc.)

Next is the elevation/depression of lands.
I think one should be at a mountain. But since it's horizontal, I guess there won't be one.

Dude, I'm getting excited about this but really, I see some chaos on the discussion thread.

It's best as altered melee with placed defenses right? Bust saying "DotA" (Hero Game/AoS) on the description with "Race Pick" (Melee) on the caricature, I don't get the game system :|

Wish this project a good luck :D

Level 8
Well I am not using the utm anymore. but today i had trouble with the units from DotA. I am working on it now.

BTW: I "accidentaly" used Ashenvale tileset.

Level 3
Since I'm free,
Imma also craft this map. Just the idea and other stuffs. I'll hand this over to the SFX&Terrainers afterwards :D

Questions for THW:

What's the Size? Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Epic? Please give the dimensions.

I'm guessing that it is a rectangular map?

Gold Mines? or a different way to get cash?

Boats or without? (for water tiles)

Hero Taverns or no?

Encampment sites? (so you can build another army on a different area, especially the mid)

2-point-oh Scaled trees? (huge, realistic-looking trees?)

Re-scaled doodads? (just the copy of the one above; but for the walls, etc.)
---
Imma be using NewGenWE (JNGP), gridded pad paper, and a pencil. cause that's my plans plans plans plans..

Level 15
1. I dont remember what size dota was but i think it was medium or large...

2. Yes.

3. Still Goldmines.

4. No boats

5. Hmm... there could be some, but i cant fiigure out where to put them...

6. Yes there will be but not too many but mostly they are near Team Teritorries.

7. Maybe the term is HD trees, just find any trees that have birth and death animtaions that are like in the UTM map.

8. Yes, the props should be HD too... but iam afraid that will cause lagging.

Oh once you got a sketch maybe you should post it here, so the rest of the guys can help you out.

Level 3
@TWH: I was talking about the scale, aka size. The trees in War3 are naturally small, rescaling them will be a bit realistic. Also, the gates are small. Rescaling them a little would be nice.
I have a DotA map template :ogre_hurrhurr: (the blank map but has the original terrain of dota 6.xx, having that makes it easier to know the size.) (dimensions are 128by128, Means we should make it 128 by 96.. right?)
sure thing.

Btw, if there are no boats, there are no water levels as well?
Also, in #5, neither do I.

@mischief123: I can do everything. I can plan for the terrain and then you terrain. I can also try triggering your desires. I just do what War3 can provide me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.