• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] "Forgotten" "HARRIET BEHIND YOU!" The girl swiftly turned to see the darkened shade lik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
"Forgotten"

"HARRIET BEHIND YOU!" The girl swiftly turned to see the darkened shade like creature. I had only seen one such shade of a Demon before, but that was many years ago. Did someone continue his work? I told him to destroy it!

Harriet fired a bolt at the shade, but it went straight through it's phsing body. "Physical weapons won't harm this dark magic!" With that the shade looked at me with it's glowing eye in a curious way. It rushed my direction whacking Harriet. She flew to the ground in a lifeless manner.
"Terodin! I should have expected you to be here."
"Who are you Shade? Why did you come here?"
"I am surprised you do not recognise me."
"No I recognise this darkness, but who continued his work?"
"Hahahaha, you are more naive than I remember. If you want answers, then come through the portal."
"And let you kill me? I will not do such a thing!"
"If you do not, you know what will happen to the girl." The Shade went through the portal in the fireplace. I had a choice, I could face the shade or I could stay and watch as Harriet faded away. The girl was too important to be lost. I had to go through.

I stepped into the portal, as I had done once before all those years ago. At first all I could see was a red haze, but then the corrupted land of the Dragon's spine came clear to me. Spires of rock stood tall on the ground as the corrupting magic allowed some rocks to remain afloat in the devilish sky. I stepped forward noticing the flames firing all around me. It was then that the Shade appeared. It was larger than before, this island must have amplified it's magical energy.

"So tell me Shade. Who are you an image of?"
"You still don't know? I will tell you, Julian."
"Julian? But I... How?"
"He was weak, he knew that this granted him untold powers! The King was hunting him."
"Bah! There is no way to reason with a Shade! I shall send you back to Julian in a lesser state than from which you were formed!"

Attachments

• 59168.png
    59168.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Level 20
Big place it is with hellish variations. Besides volcanic lands are hardly natural thus magical explanation might be required. Though I do think that phrase "dark magic" is redundant for all magic is same as its the way person learns to use it that differentiates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.