• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Picture] "Decay" Terentian was gliding through the crowd. The grey, dull stream of people surrou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
"Decay"

Terentian was gliding through the crowd. The grey, dull stream of people surrounding him, ignoring him. The clockwork mechanism that made people mad, this city, this world. A prison of mind and body. He looked at the sky. Grey clouds seemed to have consumed the sun forever. It was dry and warm. And quiet. The silence before a thunderstorm.
Suddenly he stopped. The people around him started looking around in slight fear. They didn't know what to do, this wasnt part of what the stream did. The man remained standing in the middle of the busy street, looking around, as if trying to spot something. He then moved quickly to one of the smaller streets. Flying through the alleys, he approached a house like any other in the slums. Decaying wood, rust covering the few iron parts, the roof begging for repairs. But this house was different.
Terentian entered the home. The door wasn't even locked. A terrible stench filled the room. He looked at it's source. A drunken man, lying on a couch was snoring loudly. Terentian looked at him with disgust and knocked him off, on the floor. The man woke up and tried to stand up, but fell on the floor.
"Who the hell are you?!"
Terentian approached him, standing above him, looking at the drunkard with hatred.
"I came here to judge you"
The man looked at him with confusion and anger. He tried to stand up again and managed to hold still.
"Judge me for what?! I'm- I'm not a criminal. I don't rob anything."
"You are a thief of the worst kind. You steal humanity, you destroy hopes, you are a murderer of souls"
"The hell are you talking about weirdo?!"
"You know very well what I'm talking about"
The man looked at him with the same drunken eyes when suddenly his face became pale and he tried to step back, but stood on a bottle and fell on the floor.
"No! No, I didn't! How could you possibly know?! Stay away you bastard! You freak!"
Terentian slowly took out a blade from within his robe and took it with both hands.
"No!!! Wait! I swear I won't do it again! I'll be good! I'll stop drinking, I swear, I'll do ANYTHING, just don't kill me!!!"
He rose the blade and then pushed it down with all of his strenght.
"You were dead long before this..."
He then stepped over the corpse and opened a door that led into the basement. A small candle lit the room. He stopped in the middle of the stairs and looked into the darkness. There, among the junk, stood a girl, probably a few years younger then he was. But Terentian looked much, much older then he did a few months ago.
The light lit the face of the girl. She was terrified. her face was covered in bruises from the beatings. Her father was a cruel man. The floor was littered with empty bottles. Terentian understood by her expression, that the girl has probably been down here, alone, for years.
"W-who are you?! Where is my father?!" she asked with horror on her face. He looked at her with sorrow and slight anger at what she had to endure all these years. He made a step forward and she immediatly tried to run.
"Please, don't hurt me! Please, please don't hurt me!"
"I have no intent of hurting you..."
"Have mercy!" she cried. He could see tears on her face.
"Mercy..." he said, approaching her. The girl tried to push herself into a hole between two shelves. But when he was next to her she stopped moving at all, as if paralized, staring at him in horror.
"The greatest mercy I can give you, is the gift of ignorance..."
He put his hand on her forehead and felt her shudder. Her eyes glew with a milky white light. As the light disappered she looked in the air with a blank expression, before collapsing.
"A new life, with no memory of what you had to live through your whole life. A new life. A new purpose..."

Attachments

• 57848.png
    57848.png
    627.9 KB · Views: 15
Level 21
Heh only one man can be this much against alcoholism... oh right there is also that thing about hinted sexual violation of his own kin but that less important then drinking problem.

And Trol don't be silly, LK is good too and... and... no basically everyone is gray or evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.