• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Picture] 'The Fall' Terentian crawled through the darkness of dark tunnels and forboding whisper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
'The Fall'

Terentian crawled through the darkness of dark tunnels and forboding whispers, until he has finally run out into the light. He was awake. The far muffled sounds became Nova's and Kazimir's voices. He lied motionless as they talked, unaware of him.
'...was a matter of greatest urgency, you should have sent us a message!' he heard Nova's angry whispering.
'In moment like these, I try to get my old bones to a safe place! I'm not a warrior! I'm a scholar!' Kazimir replied, but his voice lacked the usual irony and snark intonation. He was scared.
'How long was I asleep' Terentian asked suddenly, without standing up. Both speakers jumped up and turned to him.
'It was a few hours, two or three, four at best' Kazimir mumbled.
'I had to carry you through half of the city to get here. This was the only safe place I could think of' Nova added, looking at him with a worry, 'What did you see there?'
Terentian jumped up and without replying came up to the window and looked out into the dark city.
'What happened, Kazimir?' he asked quietly.
'I don't know! After you left, most people suddenly changed! They became... absent, gloomy. And then they began killing other members of the Cult' he said and shuddered, 'I managed to run away...'
Terentian turned at him and asked.
'Most? You're saying some are left sane? How many?'
Kazimir made a step back and then replied with a cracking voice.
'No more then five hundred, maybe less'
'Do you have contact with them?'
'Yes, most of them are my crew an-'
'Tell them to leave the city' Terentian said and looked out again, as if fearing an attack and then closed the curtains.
'Leave the city?' Kazimir was shocked 'But why?'
Terentian sat on the bed and sighed.
'I was a fool... I thought the visions that I've seen were a warning. A chance to change the fate of our land. But it was not a chance... I was used. How could I have been so foolish? We dug deep and found ruins, we lived in a temple, how, how did I not understand that it was THEIR temple?! Your men were far away from it, in the tunnels, safe from their grasp'
'Whose grasp? Who are they?' Kazimir asked, with fear showing in his eyes.
'They have no name. But I would call them the shadow itself' Terentian replied 'I looked for signs of their corruption in the far lands, I never let my gaze off the castle, waiting to see the shadow enveloping it and did not see it flow through my own corridors, taint my own people! I was a blind man... I thought I were a Prophet...'

Silence filled the room. Two pairs of eyes watched Terentian, whose eyes still looked into the dirty floor.
'Kazimir...'
'Yes?'
'I found you to build a Temple. But we do not need a temple. We need a safe haven'
'What do you want me to do?'
'Take our people. Leave through the tunnels you've created and lead them away, to far cities or better yet, to the wilderness. Create a sanctuary, a stronghold. And...' he hesitated for a second 'Hold the green banner...'

Terentian stood up and went towards the exit. Nova followed him. Kazimir stared at them for a second and then asked.
'Where are you going?'
'To Radaghan' he replied and opened the door. Kazimir ran up to him and asked him, looking into his eyes.
'Terentian, what happened?'
He looked into the worried grey eyes of the scholar and replied.
'Falmir has fallen'

Attachments

• 68034.png
    68034.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.