• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Picture] "The Convent" Kazimir was walking through the gloomy and dusty halls of the unearthed t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
"The Convent"

Kazimir was walking through the gloomy and dusty halls of the unearthed temple, looking around with suspicion. The few cultists who were there would look at him and whisper something to each other. Those who were on his path would step away to let him through. He could feel the glares.
Finally he entered the main hall. In front of the place, where an altar should be, he stood. Terentian nodded and Kazimir approached him.
"Interesting how many things are hidden underground" he said with a slight grin.
"I thought we agreed that you will come when you'll know the time has come" Terentian replied, ignoring his remark.
"I'm tired of waiting. You left me there with countless auestions and no answers. And I want to know what yo-"
He suddenly stopped and turned to one of the columns. Out of the shadow, a figure came out and approached Terentian. Kazimir smiled and asked, glancing at Terentian.
"And who would that be?"
"This is my apprentice, Nova" he replied, "I believe you will cooperate closely in the near future"
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Architect" she said and faintly smiled. He watched her for a second and then smiled back.
"The pleasure is all mine"
Terentian nodded to Nova and she took a place in their circle.
"Now, I believe you had questions..."
"Oh, right. Most questions I really don't need to hear answers too, but I must know. What is this Cult of?"
Terentian turned back and looked at the candlelight.
"This is the Cult of Ascension" he replied.
"Ascension? Ascension above what?"
"Ascension above humanity. Ascension to higher levels of awareness. Transcending human nature and sins"
"Isn't that what makes us human?" Kazimir asked critically.
"It is what makes us weak" was the final statement of Terentian.
"Well, I have a better question for you. How do you plan on getting out of this city?"
"Oh. This is a part of my plan, that even I am not entirely aware of."
"What!? Then how the hell will get out?"
Terentian looked him in the eyes, turned away and headed for his room.
"We wait."

Attachments

• 58547.png
    58547.png
    742.3 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.