• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] "Break the roof and you'll see the truth" Terentian walked through the humid tunnel, st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
"Break the roof and you'll see the truth"

Terentian walked through the humid tunnel, stepping into puddles of water from the walls. The workers on his way immediatly stood up, straightening their backs and looking at him with hope. He ignored it, and just walked towards the end of the tunnel. In the darkness, the light of a single candle at the end seemed like the sun.
He finally approached the end of the tunnel. Kazimir was inspecting the bedrock, frowning. Terentian coughed quietly. He turned and nodded.
"Granite. Very strong. This may take quite a while to finish."
"I'm sure that by the time we'll have to use it, it will be completed" Terentian replied calmly. Kazimir skeptically glared at him.
"As you said, the underground is filled with forgotten things. And the map you provided, with all the old conduits on it, has given us a lot of space to hide the material out of here. This tunnel has been collapsed for centuries, the fallen rocks have become part of the wall by now"
Terentian remained silent and just approached the walls, touching the cold stone. Kazimir had to ask.
"Tell me. If you want the people to open their eyes, why are we spending all our resources making an escape tunnel out of the city?"
"I fear a conflict with the loyalists"
"But I thought your intention was to fight Falmir!"
"Fight Falmir? Why? I have no wish to fight Falmir. In fact, I think that this empire, if you will, is one of the best things to happen to mankind"
Kazimir stood with his mouth open from shock. He then managed to pull himself together and after a moment of contemplation asked.
"How exactly is this tyrannical kingdom a good thing?"
Terentian looked back at him with slight expression of surprise.
"Tell me. When was the last war?"
"Well, the greenskins-"
"Im talking about a real war. A big war. Not just a small raid."
"Well, the Great War?"
"And since then we didn't have any wars. Decades of peace. There is nothing in the world that can defeat the united humanity"
"So why are making the tunnel then?"
Terentian ignored his glares and looked at the ceiling.
"Every day more and more rebel groups rise. I fear that the storm is close. And when it comes... we cannot take such risks."
He then turned to Kazimir and looked him straight in the eyes.
"Let us hope that I am wrong and Falmir shall prevail"

Attachments

• 59006.png
    59006.png
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.