• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Picking up and dropping weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi guys, I'm trying to make a triggers that allow a normal unit that can pick up items, to pick up weapons and display the attached models to the unit, I've sorted that out, but now I'm trying to make the unit lose the attached special effect when he drops the item, but I can't think of how.

I'm thinking of doing it somehow by setting a number to a unit when he enters the map, so say a footman enters the map, a trigger sets his ID to 1. Then another trigger when a unit drops his weapon, gets his ID (1) and destroys the special effect of (1's) hand. So it makes him look as If hes dropped the weapon.

It looks easy enough but I cant find the right parts to make up the trigger, so I'm hoping someone here can make it for me!

Thanks guys.

Level 5
Okay thats good, but I cant see the trigger? I actually need something I can see in order to learn it.

*Wait no, I understand now! Thats really smart, thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.